Here??s what you need to replace the head unit:
1) A new head-unit with RCA outs on it. It is ideal to have a high-pass and low-pass crossover both built in as well. If you don??t have these crossovers, you will have to use the crossovers listed below in 4 and 5.
2) Scosche Sound Kase SKFD223 – $25
Found at www.cardomain.com/shop/item.pl?sku=SCOSKNT4 This fills up the hole that is left underneath your new head unit. The space is filled with an area that holds 3 CDs.
3) METRA 70-5519 Harness – $18
This is the only harness on the market that will work. Go to http://www.partsexpress.com and search for “METRA 70-5519 FORD 2000-2001 AMPLIFIER INTEGRATOR PLUG.”
4) Low-pass crossover for your subs (not needed if your head unit has a low-pass crossover built in). Go to http://www.partsexpress.com and search for ??FMOD?? and choose the frequency that you like.
5) Bass Blockers for your tweeters (not needed if your head unit has a high-pass crossover built in).Go to http://www.crutchfield.com/ and search for “BASS BLOCKERS.”
Choose the frequency that fits your liking.
Categories: Mustang Tech