Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Rims
Wheel manufacturer warranties do not cover tire to fender clearance or tire to suspension clearances. These clearances can be a problem and must be fit-checked before mounting all the tires. The following procedures must be followed:
1. Mount one tire on a wheel intended for use on the front of the vehicle.
2. Install the tire/wheel assembly on the front hub and with the vehicle still on the lift, turn the steering from extreme right to extreme left while checking for any interference with fender well or suspension components.
3. Lower the vehicle and repeat Step 2 with the weight of the vehicle applied.
4. Have someone bounce the front of the vehicle and check for tire rub. Do not put hands or fingers between tire and vehicle while checking.
5. Mount one tire on a wheel intended for use on the rear of the vehicle.
6. Install the tire/wheel assembly on the rear hub and check for interference, especially when on the ground and being bounced. Mustang TechCategories: