Conveniently timed just ahead of SEMA 2008, we stumbled onto another alternative for the 2005 through 2009 Ford Mustang to become a recipient of forced induction. Edelbrock has just announced the release of their rock-solid and may we say quite attractive, E-Force Supercharger system for the 4.6L 3-valve V8. The state-of-the-art E-Force design is built in-house and features an Eaton internal rotor setup–the same found on the new Corvette ZR-1. Gear up, install it, and buckle in, because this setup is reported to result in power figures of 466hp and 439 ft-lbs of torque on a mere 5psi! We think you’ll agree that Edelbrock has a very nice product here–check out all the finer details in their official Press Release.
Edelbrock is excited to announce the release of their E-Force Supercharger system for 2005-09 Ford Mustangs equipped with a 4.6L 3V. This all-new design is engineered and manufactured by Edelbrock and features an Eaton Twin Vortices Series (TVS) GEN VI rotor assembly – the same internals used on the new Corvette ZR-1. This combination improves 2005-2009 4.6L 3-valve Mustangs to an impressive 466 horsepower and 439 ft./lbs. of torque on only five (5) pounds of boost; this is more power per psi than any Mustang supercharger system on the market today.
The supercharger assembly is integrated into Edelbrock’s unique intake manifold for a truly seamless design with minimal components. The intake features 15″ long runners for maximum low-end torque and an integrated bypass valve that helps reduce parasitic loss under light throttle, which improves mileage potential. Keeping the air cool is a 110 square inch high capacity air to water intercooler – the largest of its kind available on the market today – and dual core low temp heat exchange. This Edelbrock E-Force supercharger assembly includes a matching set of coil covers uniquely styled to give your engine compartment a custom look.
This complete Edelbrock E-Force supercharger kit includes everything you need to bolt it on under the hood of a 2005-2009 Mustang 4.6L 3V, including supercharger/manifold assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, coil covers and handheld flash programmer to properly tune the factory ECU for the added power. Edelbrock offers an available 3-Year/36,000 mile warranty and 50-State emissions legal EO is pending.
- More horsepower per psi than any other Mustang system on the market
- 2300cc (140 cubic inch) Eaton® TVS® GEN VI rotor assembly
- Unique intake manifold design with 15″ long runners for increased low-end torque
- 100,000 mile self-contained oiling system
- Installs under the stock hood while maintaining factory accessories
- Complete package includes supercharger/intake assembly, air inlet with 85mm throttle body, fuel injectors, air-to-water intercooler, spark plugs, coil-covers and flash tuner with proper calibration
- Available 3 Year/36,000 mile warranty
- The most efficient system available – 466 HP and 439 ft./lbs of Torque on only 5 lbs. of boost!
- Made in USA for absolute quality and performance
Complete details will be released at the at the SEMA Show, November 4-7, 2008.
For more information please visit http://www.edelbrock.comCategories: Aftermarket