It was only a matter of time, really. We all knew Shelby & company would be quick to strike and add to the aftermarket collection when the news of the 2011 5.0 Mustang broke loose. Now, the Shelby GT350 has risen from the tide, making a surprising debut at the latest Barrett-Jackson Auction. The announcement and unveiling marks a special note, as we look back 45 years ago to the dawn of the first GT350 as well as the first Shelby big-block Cobra.
The idea behind the 2011 Shelby GT350 was to craft a Mustang that’s able to keep out tons of weight-bearing frills and focus on the power of the new 5.0-liter Ford Mustang GT as a starting point.
In order to bring the car from the drawing board to the auction house for its debut, the Shelby American team collaborated with professionals from Ford Racing, Goodyear, Borla, Cragar, and Baer in order to come up with a finished product worthy of the GT350 moniker.
Shelby GT350 package features
- Ford Racing supercharged 5.0-liter V8–producing 500hp
- Ford Racing springs, struts, sway bars, and adjustable caster/camber plates
- Blue Shelby GT350 valve covers and billet caps
- 6-piston (front) Baer brakes
- ERADISPEED rotors (rear)
- Brake cooling ducts (all 4 corners)
- 19” modern Cragar wheels
- Goodyear performance tires
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Center-exist exhaust by Borla
- Functional hood & side scoops
- Shelby GT350 front fascia, tail light trim, front splitter, read deck lid filler panel, and rear fascia
- A-pillar gauge cluster for fuel pressure, oil pressure, and boost
- White paint with blue Le Mans striping
The entire Shelby GT350 package is a post-title program. What this means is a customer simply purchases a car from a preferred Ford Dealer which is then in turn, transformed into a GT350 by the Shelby American Team. Limited production numbers are set for the 2011 model year, so rest assured owning a Shelby GT350 will be a quest for the few. So what’s final price point for all this Shelby goodness? An additional $33,995 on top of the purchase of the base Mustang GT. Gulp.Categories: 2011 Mustang, Aftermarket