This year’s SEMA show in Las Vegas had a tremendous showing from the Steeda Autosports team, with their exhibition of the Steeda Fiesta Sport, the performance tuned Steeda Fusion Sport, and the asphalt rippin’ 5.0L Steeda StreetFighter Ford Mustang. The 2011 5.0-liter supercharged Q650 Steeda StreetFighter was up on display at the Nitto Tire booth, proudly donning the latest & greatest in ultra high performance tires–the Nitto NT05.
Coupled with the NT05 rubber, the Steeda StreetFighter Mustang also received a plethora of suspension upgrades; more applied to any of their production vehicles in times past. Joining the party is also the famed Watts Link Suspension setup, permitting this Steeda Mustang to pull over 1.5Gs on the skid! As far as performance goes, the Steeda Q650 StreetFighter has ample power to brag about a 0 to 60 time under 4 seconds & a 1320ft time of resting comfortably in the 10s.
Keep reading to get the full scoop on this aftermarket gem of a Mustang by Steeda in the Press Release that follows!
The Annual SEMA Show held in Las Vegas is always “the show” where the OEMs and aftermarket builders showcase their latest performance bred vehicles and speed related parts and accessories. The 2010 SEMA Show was no different this year for Steeda Autosports as we had a total of three different factory sponsored vehicles on display including our all new Steeda Fiesta Sport, the performance tuned Steeda Fusion Sport, and the asphalt rippin’ 5.0L Steeda StreetFighter.
Steeda Q650 StreetFighter
The 5.0L Supercharged Q650 Steeda StreetFighter was proudly displayed in the Nitto Tire Booth at SEMA this year. Equipped with their ultra high performance Nitto NT05 tires, this vehicle remains a huge attention grabber as well as a halo vehicle for the entire Steeda line of performance vehicles.
Being equipped with the Nitto NT05s call for some serious suspension upgrades so that the full potential of the Nittos can be appreciated – here we equipped the StreetFighter with the most extensive amount of suspension upgrades we have ever included on one of our production vehicles. Incorporating our famed Watt’s Link Suspension system – this performance Mustang can easily pull over 1.2gs, and with it’s broad range of brutal power it has on demand, it can rip off 0-60 times that are less than 4 seconds with quarter mile times comfortably in the 10 second range. There is simply no other serialized Mustang available today that offers the performance, styling, and performance attitude that this Mustang has.
While the exterior shares the same aerodynamic body modifications of the 2011 Q450 with the unique Steeda front fascia with openings for front brake duct cooling, the fascia also incorporates unique vented openings for additional engine cooling. Additional exterior enhancements include:
* Steeda rear spoiler tuned for maximum down force with the least amount of aerodynamic drag
* Steeda rear fascia that exhausts air from under the vehicle with extreme aero efficiency and minimal aerodynamic drag
* Unique Steeda vented hood that exhausts the hot power robbing engine heat out and over the hood into the vehicle’s slipstream with amazing efficiency.
The suspension enhancements include but are not limited to:
* Steeda/Tokico D-Spec shocks and struts
* Steeda Upper Strut Mount Kit
* Steeda Adjustable 3rd-Link Trailing Arm Kit
* Steeda Lower Trailing Arm relocation brackets
* Steeda Billet Lower Trailing Arms
* Steeda X5 Ball Joint Kit
* Steeda Bumpsteer Kit
* Steeda Rear Swaybar
* Steeda Rear Swaybar billet endlinks
* Steeda Adjustable Front Swaybar
* Steeda Watts Linkage kit
* Steeda 3-point Frame Rail & Torque Box Brace Kit
The interior is yet another area where this vehicle speaks performance. Inside you will find it’s interior very sleek, athletic, and totally ready for aggressive driving. From the illuminated Steeda doors sills that greet you when you open the door, the interior includes the following performance related amenities:
* A thick, Alcantara leather wrapped steering wheel assures a firm and secure grip during performance maneuvers
* Body hugging, adjustable, leather covered, carbon fiber backed Steeda Sport Seats
* Safecraft Safety Equipment 6-Point Safety Harness
* Safecraft fire extinguisher system
* Four-point, leather wrapped DOM steel roll bar with cross bracing
* Steeda floor mats
To plant the power to the pavement and also to ensure secure stopping power during the most aggressive conditions, the Q650 Streetfighter includes:
* HRE Monoblock P40 wheels (20” x 9.5” front, 20” x 11” rear) with a brushed finish
* Nitto NT05 High Performance tires (275/35 20 front, 315/35 20 rear)
* Steeda/Baer 6-Piston High Performance Brake Package (six piston front –and- six piston rear brakes) with 15” crossed drilled and slotted rotors
Steeda – Speed Matters2011 Mustang, Aftermarket, Events