2012 Mustang Boss 302 to carry $41K price tag

With recent announcements of 2012 specifications, offerings, and a two-key engine control system, the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 is no stranger to Ford Mustang fans worldwide.  One key stat recently surfaced…what we’d all be focused upon during the litmus test of ownership.  The new Boss Mustang is set to carry an MSRP of $40,995 (destination & delivery inclusive).  Most of the Mustang enthusiast discussion has poured over this topic, centering on the fact Ford would keep the package at or around the $40K mark…and they were right.

A few key options can be added to the Boss 302 in order to make that number quickly jump over the $41K mark, however.  The Recaro seating and torsen differential option package will run an additional $1,995.  Go for the Boss 302 Accessory Package (car cover and floor mats) and the price tag creeps up by $475.  Opt for the Yellow Blaze Tricoat Metallic paint and expect to see another $495 on the pricing sheet.  Lastly, the Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca package will have an MSRP of $47,990 which includes destination and delivery.

So what do you think, guys & gals?  Is the price right?  Are you going to trade up to the new Boss?

Categories: 2012 Mustang, Ford

, , , , , , ,

13 Responses to 2012 Mustang Boss 302 to carry $41K price tag

1. NotSure 11/29/2010 at 3:39 pm #

This is way too expensive. Both the BOSS and GT are worth every penny for their performance levels, however, not many of us can afford $35k to $41k on a sports car that we want to go tear up on the strip and the road course. What made the Fox and SN95 Mustangs great was they were cheap, quick from the factory, and fast with a few simple mods. The new ones are fast from the factory, extremely expensive, and way too pricey to mod. …sort of like the LS motor based Camaro and Firebirds. If Ford is only going to make Mustangs for the Barret Jackson crowd, please make something else for us!

• Milton Reeve 11/30/2010 at 8:58 am #

This Boss 302 Rocks! I am going to trade up for sure, it is a lot of money, but Ford came through for me and I will work extra hard to pay this baby off. I won’t buy if the ford dealer plays games though.

• dannen 01/21/2011 at 12:02 am #

i agree with u notsure. you minus well by a shelby and call it a day. ford is getting outragious with these prices especially the way the economy is today.

2. Mr Piggle 11/29/2010 at 7:29 pm #

Great cars Ford is coming out with, even the V6 Mustang rocks and who would have ever thought we’d see a 305 hp V6 Mustang? I however, like perhaps some of the others would love to see a version that is easily modded out, maybe we can have Mach 1 model that brings the prices into realistic territories due to the poor economy among other things as I really don’t see people running out and buying pony cars of any brand. With a less expensive Mach 1 perhaps it could range in the mid 20s to high 20s. Something more realistic than the 35K plus range.

3. Bryan 11/29/2010 at 11:47 pm #

I have been trying to hunt down an order slot for one of these cars and I can not get a commitment from any of the dozen or so dealers I have contacted so far. That’s not at list or any other price either. I know the dealers want to make every dollar they possibly can. That is not going to help Ford because the dealers get all the money from “market adjustments”. I would like to see Ford increase production enough to make these market adjustments irrelevant. A Mustang will never have the exclusivity or snob appeal to warrant this type of thing. This has made me frustrated enough to seriously reconsider an SS Camaro.

• Jeremy 11/30/2010 at 3:14 pm #

Bryan, I agree, but we had the same thing with the Ford GT back when, people said we were nuts as dealers to charge 200K for a Ford that listed for 150,000, but those same cars sell in the 220-250′s now. The Boss and especially Laguna Seca Mustang will be the same way, I have allocation for 3 Boss, which I”ll get 5-10k over list for and one laguna car which will bring near double of list….

4. Jon 12/02/2010 at 9:42 am #

Ya they only give allocation to the highest selling Mustang dealers in each region. Then the rest were given away through a lottery. We are a small dealer who has no hopes of getting one due to a slow Mustang year. Hopefully we might have a shot at the lottery but I doubt it. I was gonna keep it for myself too :( Anyways, if we end up getting one and I can’t afford to keep it, Ill sell it at msrp and not over. I sold my GT at msrp just to keep a local rich guy a loyal customer.

5. Mike 12/02/2010 at 7:18 pm #

I guess I am fortunate to have locked a LS in at sticker with no market adjustment. Just wish it would ship soon!

• Jon 12/03/2010 at 9:06 pm #

Unfortunately they haven’t started the 2012 builds yet. And once it does it will be sitting around for two weeks on the trim line getting the stripes put on and then sit in the yard for about 3 weeks waiting for shipment. Ford has been taking forever. It took four months from the scheduled build date to get my first 2011 gt500 in, and almost as long for my first 5.0!

6. J. Peters 01/22/2011 at 11:57 am #

I would be interested in the car if the colors and trims looked more refined and less “high school”. We had a 1970 Boss 302 grabber green slotted mags, absolutely awesome. I hope future editions might look like the 1970 Boss 302, body style good but can’t handle punk trim job on the car.

7. charlie 08/21/2011 at 3:26 pm #

I saw a 2012 Boss 302 that listed for $48K and a dealer market adjustment addition for an additional $20K. Total price for that Boss 302–$68K. I think the dealer reps were smoking crack!

8. Whey2much 10/30/2011 at 2:36 am #

This is an outrageous price! I love mustangs and have owned one since 1989, I still own a 1990 GT. I would consider trading up, but not until around 2014 when the price falls out of the bottom. What the heck is ford thinking 40K(+)I will never pay that price and definitely not with this economy. C’mon FORD, you better do better than that or you risk losing the fan base!

9. kristy hayes 12/23/2011 at 8:17 pm #

We just bought a 2012 Boss 302 from Townsend Ford in Tuscaloosa, AL for sticker price. $43575.00.