Most every player in the aftermarket has sought to tweak ‘n tune the Ford Mustang GT, leaving aside a very capable starting package of the Mustang coupe…until now.
MRT Performance debuted their “TKO” 2012 Ford Mustang coupe at the 2011 SEMA show in Las Vegas & yes, it certainly made an impression! Starting by making this V6 Mustang scream like it’s older brother was only the beginning. MRT has completely transformed the 2012 Mustang into a full-fledged road racer ready to rip the track apart.
From forced induction to a complete suspension and braking insanity, the TKO has most anything you can fathom to get gobs of grins! So much of a knock-out punch, the TKO was awarded the 2011 Outstanding SEMA Design Achievement Award.
Keep reading to see just how MRT and their supporters made this project come to life.
The 2012 Ford Mustang V6 “TKO” by MRT Performance is a street-legal track-day road racer loaded with everything it takes to knock out the competition. A ProCharger air-to-air supercharger package, MRT stainless steel exhaust system and Ford Racing Performance Parts rear axle push the 3.7L 4V ti-VCT V6 engine over 400 horsepower. An H&R performance suspension with MRT-tuned chassis, 6 piston Baer Brakes with 14″ rotors and MRT brake ducts with cooling fans ensure exciting track day sessions yet surprisingly civilized everyday performance.
The MRT TKO made its debut at the 2011 SEMA Show in the Ford Booth, which takes place in Las Vegas, NV. The TKO has been awarded with the 2011 Outstanding SEMA Design Achievement Award! Thanks to all of the sponsors and the team who worked many late nights to make this all happen!
We are proud to announce that Scott Hoag and the TKO have been selected to participate in the 2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Invitational being held after SEMA wraps up. The Invitational is a prestigious event and attracts some of the top automotive talent, highly modified vehicles, credible racing veterans and fresh talent with undiscovered street machines. This event is held to show the world that these one-off, highly-customized vehicles can really perform as well as they look!
This year, with the BFGoodich Hot Lap Challenge, Ridetech Autocross Challenge, Wilwood Disc Brakes Speed Stop Challenge, and the Raybestos Performance and Design Challenge with the Detroit Speed and Engineering Road Rally they’ll be a little something for every race fan.
MRT TKO Features
- 2012 Ford Mustang
- 3.7L 4V Ti-VCT V6 Engine
- 6-speed manual transmission
- ProCharger air-to-air supercharger package
- MRT stainless steel MaxFlow H-Pipe and axle back exhaust system
- Ford Racing Performance Parts rear axle
- SPEC low-mass performance clutch
- Dynotech one-piece drive shaft
- Eaton E-locker Carrier
- MGW short throw shifter
- MRT solid mount powertrain system
- MRT oil cooling system
- H&R coil-over performance suspension with MRT-tuned chassis
- Baer Brakes 6 piston big brakes, 14″ rotor upgrade
- MRT brake ducts with cooling fans
- J&M lower control arms, camber plates and adjustable panhard bar
- MRT diff cooling system
Wheels & Tires
- Forgestar F14 18″ wheels
- Toyo Proxes 1 tires 265/40/18 front, 295/35/18 rear
- MRT custom paint
- MRT custom hood with heat extractors
- MRT custom paint effects
- Black chrome accents
- 3D Carbon Boy Racer body kit and fender heat extractors
- APR Performance functional rear wing
- MRT splitter, quarter window inserts, fabricated front and rear recovery loops
- SilverHorse Racing aluminum fuel door
- SCT Touch Screen Extreme data acquisition
- SilverHorse Racing illuminated push button start
- CNS Motorsports Fire Extinguisher Mount
- Sparco race seats, harnesses and race helmets
- MRT 10-point roll cage
- Custom-built door panels
- Rockford Fosgate audio system
- MRT modular audio system installation with EO2 quick release mounting system