This year has to be one of the most exciting ever to be a Ford Mustang fan. Why? The legendary 5.0 has made its return, for starters. The base Mustang coupe pumps out over 300hp with insane fuel economy metrics. Now, we can focus our eyes upon one more fantastic Ford news bite: the 2012 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 is a reality! We’d hinted at the return of a BOSS when we saw the BOSS 302R Mustang variant released & figured Ford was doing some initial viral marketing to test the waters. So, here we are, looking down the barrel and we’ve got the 2012 BOSS Mustang in our sights. This is simply awesome!
Virtually ever single vehicle system has been upgraded to legendary BOSS performance standards. The engine, brakes, suspension, interior, exterior–the whole package has been geared up with one thing in mind: track performance & domination. Not since 1968 have we seen Ford get this pumped up about a track terror and road machine, all wrapped into the same package. We’ve gotta say, it’s been well worth the wait.
Like what you see and hear? Check out some highlights below, then dive into the official Press Release from Ford that follows.
2012 BOSS Mustang highlights:
- 440hp / 380tq
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 3.73 rear axle
- Recaro front seats (optional)
- specialized BOSS intake system
- quad-exit, BOSS-tuned exhaust
- upgraded shocks, struts, and springs
- 19″ rims, 9.5″ tire in the rear, 9″ tire in front
- First non-SVT Mustang to achieve over 1.0g of lateral acceleration
- Brembo brakes
- BOSS Mustang decor inside & out