It's been a bit slow but the Holidays and colder weather has slowed up down.
The initial blocking has been done with Reface and now primer has been applied to the doors, hood and deck lid. These will be wet blocked again to make sure there is no question they are straight.
The body will be going on the rotisserie soon and having the under body done, engine bay painted and jams cut in with paint.
StangNet's Project 67
This is our progress build resource for our Fastback project.
Car and parts have been blocked down for the first time. It will be blocked 2 more times after primer goes on. If you look you can see the black coming through showing where the high spots were and now the car is smooth with no waves. The remaining reface bondo you see on the car is thinner than paint.
Next week she goes on the rotisserie so we will be removing the suspension and starting on the underbody. Doing the seam sealer and coating.
Yep... have had this for several years stored in the corner, had always thought it was a 390 crank. It's actually a 68 428 CobraJet crank. It mic'd out just fine at 10/20. Gonna have the journals polished and rock and roll.
I've got all the other parts found and needed to build a true FE Iron. An original block, crank and 428 CJ Heads.
Now shopping for the cam.
We finished getting all the gaps the way we wanted. Fitment has been done and now we have taken her back apart and will start finishing all the surfaces.. we started with UPOL Reface to block it down.
Its nice to finally see it all in one color!
Clean door jams! Removed the body seams and smoothed it out. Lower smooth C's are in too and you can see the clean look it presents.
No more seams in the...
We decided not to run signal lights in the cowl of the hood so we smoothed those off and got the factory hood latch installed and fitted. We also smoothed out all the seams in the trunk, in case we decide to show off the trunk and the stereo system.
Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts
Page 1 of 3