StangNet's Project 67

This is our progress build resource for our Fastback project.

  1. Working the Hood and Trunk area

    MRaburn
    We decided not to run signal lights in the cowl of the hood so we smoothed those off and got the factory hood latch installed and fitted. We also smoothed out all the seams in the trunk, in case we decide to show off the trunk and the stereo system.

    13 - 24.jpg 13 - 2.jpg 13 - 19.jpg


    Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts
  2. Removing the Cowl Vents

    MRaburn
    We are going with aftermarket A/C setup so with keeping the smooth look we opted to block out the cowl vents. Welding these up VERY slowly is the trick to keep any warping form happening, since we cannot get to the backside if we screw up!

    We cut the panels from steel and bent them to match the contours.

    13 - 1.jpg IMG_3446.JPG

    Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts
  3. CJ Pony Parts Smooth Lower C panels

    MRaburn
    We opted to keep the lines on this car all smooth. Having the inverted upper sail panels, we shopped for a solution to get smooth lower C panels, we did not want then vented, and CJ Pony Parts had exactly what were were looking for, these are stamped for a 67.

    13 - 47.jpg IMG_3426.JPG IMG_3427.JPG IMG_3428.JPG IMG_3429.JPG

    Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts
  4. Shock Towers Notched

    MRaburn
  5. Working the hood gaps

    MRaburn
    The hood is fitting nicely and we have got the gaps like we want them. Working the hood and fenders took patience to get it all right. The fenders had to be modified quite a bit in the mounting as the fender aprons on this Dynacorn body was off. We had to move the mounting holes and one of the hinges to get this all right.

    13 - 11.jpg 13 - 10.jpg 13 - 6.jpg 13 - 1.jpg


    Project sponsored by CJ Pony Parts