finally in primer.
now comes the primer and sealer. the primer dries to match the original as close as ive ever seen
the whole car was sand blasted to remove the black primer. paint wont stick to it
kinda weird to see a car on its top.
once the body was done we put it on the rotiserie in prep for sand blasting
semi roller with all sheet metal mocked up
i guess i should show you what it took to put on the new quarters.
the end caps from stang aholics fit the quarters perfectly. no problems
the floor pieces all went in with little or no problem
floor panel welded in place with the wheel wheels and new quarters welded in place. the dyna corn pieces fit perfectly
the next part was the jig saw puzzle that would soon be the new floor assm from the fire wall to the rear tail light panel
once the front clip was installed. the front fenders and glass hood were fitted and squared to be sure the front end was aligned properly
the front clip was built on a jig with the new fire wall installed
once everything was fitted, the front clip was slid into position on the body. squaring and leveling was the tricky part. its nice to have more than one car around to double check measurements.
I bought a donor car for misc pieces needed to do repairs. so the fire wall and front frame section was cut out of the donor and fitted with all the replacement and original panels
when we started looking at the frame and how it was attached the best way to do the deed was to cut and pull the body off of the frame