0 - 60 times?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think Ford, or any company, usually announces things like that. But yeah, it's 5.4-5.6. Don't get wrapped up in 0-60 times - it says little about the outcome of a race and it doesn't discriminate against rice burners with decent horsepower and no torque. A WRX pulling the same 0-60 time (which it CANT, stock) will probably be behind the Mustang at 60 mph.

GT03 said:
I don't think Ford, or any company, usually announces things like that. But yeah, it's 5.4-5.6. Don't get wrapped up in 0-60 times - it says little about the outcome of a race and it doesn't discriminate against rice burners with decent horsepower and no torque. A WRX pulling the same 0-60 time (which it CANT, stock) will probably be behind the Mustang at 60 mph.

0-60 times DO MATTER. They have been a selling point of quick cars since cars became quick.

In the 1960's, "0-60 in 6 seconds" became a qualifier for cars with muscle. WHY? Because that was/is a pefectly legal speed to attain in demonstrating your power (and skill) on PUBLIC ROADS.

So what if my car can do ~150 MPH in factory trim? Speeds of 90 MPH plus are FOR THE TRACK!

I don't know about you, but the "skill" required from me when running this Mustang to 1/8 & 1/4 ends at the 2-3 shift. After that, it is just keeping the peddle mashed and the car pointed straight. So I'd argue that if you can win a sprint from 0-60 in this car, then your test is over. The rest is about the car and its top-end.

And, we ARE talking about cars made for daily driving here, aren't we? Well then... 0-60 times are very significant for purposes of comparing performance ON STREET CARS.

Only dangerous a-holes run the 1/4 on our streets, IMO.

GT03 said:
a WRX pulls the same 0-60 as us I think... well, Subaru advertises a 5.4 0-60 in their TV ads and I'd imagine they underrate slightly so people don't get them too much crap.

Wow, what's with the hostile tone?

0-60 times are a cool measurement, but what they don't show is who wins a street race at a stoplight. A WRX will not run with a GT even with the same 0-60 time.

Extreme example - Car A can do 0-55 in 1 second, and 55-60 in 5 seconds. That's 0-60 in 6 seconds. Car B does 0-5 in 5 seconds and 5-60 in 1 second. That's 0-60 in 6 seconds, but car B was crushed in the race.

With a WRX, the low torque and AWD give it a big disadvantage off the line. The Stang will kill it, but the Subaru will accelerate harder once it gets going. In a straight-line street race, it is already too late for the Subaru.