0 to 60 time

03stang26

Jun 3, 2003
Hey this kid at school is talkin crap about mustangs and how my 2000 5 speed gt does 0 to 60 in 6.1 stock. i KNOW thats not right and have read on these forums and other sites that it does it around 5.5 but i cant seem to find an official time. Can anyone let me know what the OFFICIAL 0 to 60 time is for a 2000 5 speed gt and maybe give me a link to a site that it tells it if u can , thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Oh no...not more magazine BS. All cars are different, as well as all drivers. You may run 6.0 and I may run 5.4 or vise versa. Why argue with people about numbers...go prove it to them.

On the Ford's Mustang webpage they used to quote "5.5 0-60" as one of it's stats as part of a flash animation. This was at least a year ago and they change their website all the time. I believe that Motortrend reported 5.4, others have reported 5.6 but it's somewhere in there.
1/4mi time is a much better indicator of speed.

I hate people that talk bad about Stangs, usually they are uneducated fools

Gumby said:
Those numbers are crap!!! Show me someone on the street that can get 5.5 0-60 out of a GT and I'll bow down to them because they should be driving dragsters for a living!!!!
with a few mods that isn't too hard.. but stock, yes i'd say it would be a challenge.. There are guys on this forum who are dipping fairly low into the 4's 0-60 with 2v GT's.. but they are also on slicks with 4.30's launching at 5-6k

I understand when you guys say 1/4 mile is the only good way to determine how fast your car is, but for me all I do is a little bit on red light racing here and there. So what I really want is my car to get on it like crazy on the low end and take the vipers down the block. I think if your like me then 0-60 is a good way to clock yourself.