0 to 60 time

03poontanggt said:
I understand when you guys say 1/4 mile is the only good way to determine how fast your car is, but for me all I do is a little bit on red light racing here and there. So what I really want is my car to get on it like crazy on the low end and take the vipers down the block. I think if your like me then 0-60 is a good way to clock yourself.
plus, launching your car is the hardest part of the 1/4 mile... and cutting a good 0-60 mph (and especially 60') is really really important
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Tracks, Drivers, Temperature, etc...all play a key part in what the time will be marked down as...A 99+ Coupe 5spd should run anywhere from mid-high 5's...with a good driver...

Car-stats is a good place to get a general idea of what a car will run...but they obtain times from many different cars (5spd, auto, vert, coupe) from different mags (M/T, C&D) with different drivers (good and bad) to different tracks (altitudes unknown) to be a very solid and valid source in my opinion... :shrug:

Smeech said:
In Consumer guide, a '01 manual convertible goes 0-60 in 6.1. The number I remember for the 99 GT was 5.6 (5-speed coupe)

Before any mods, my 01 automatic vert ran 0-60 mph in 6.1 sec. (yes, I used a G-tech). Since my speedometer has been re-calibrated with the Diablo Predator, I plan to check my new 0-60 mph time tomorrow.

Some of you guys who keep saying our cars are not that impressive stock...I can't help but think that you are a spoiled richie...cause I have never owned anything but your average four banger engine until I got my 95 gt...and let me tell you compared to your average joe car...our cars fly..I think you need to have a better appreciation for what you have...compared to 90% of the people on the road...you're a speed demon...just remember that...anything under 8 seconds to sixty should be considered peppy when compared to most vehicles...anything under 7 quick...and under 6 ridiculous..that's my two cents..

Gumby said:
Those numbers are crap!!! Show me someone on the street that can get 5.5 0-60 out of a GT and I'll bow down to them because they should be driving dragsters for a living!!!!

I'm sure I'm capable of doing that repeatably with a margin of +/- .4 sec. The best evidence for me is a simple stopwatch taped to the steering wheel and many runs for statistical significance. I realize that human error is high in such readings but of the five runs I only managed to get above 6 sec once. All others were in the mid 5's. Additionally at the track using my 1/8 mi time and speed and assuming constant acceleration over that distance my 0-60 time estimate is 5.1 sec and that's with only a 2.18 60ft (not much better than a good street launch, I always bog at the track because I'm so used to not having good traction).

http://www.auburnextremeracing.com/info/60_times/index.htm

ooh...offficial? Run your puppy......get a timeslip and prove what YOU can do, given YOUR ride. There's always room for arguement, it stops at a track/dyno IMHO. Magazine #'s and optimistic add-ons rarely have any real effect. Out of a 1/4 million factory cars, you might run anywhere from 5's to 6's stock. The rest depends on knowing how to run it and how to mod it correctly.

Took My G-Tech out and ran 0-60 measurments 6 times all ranged from 5.45-5.62 seconds. The highway that I live is very level and has 2 year old blacktop. Launched at 2000 RPM's With light wheelspin in first. My 98 Taurus 3.0L 2v does in 8 seconds with no wheelspin launching at 800 RPM!!
:nice: :nice:

smokin 04 said:
Took My G-Tech out and ran 0-60 measurments 6 times all ranged from 5.45-5.62 seconds. The highway that I live is very level and has 2 year old blacktop. Launched at 2000 RPM's With light wheelspin in first. My 98 Taurus 3.0L 2v does in 8 seconds with no wheelspin launching at 800 RPM!!
:nice: :nice:

Those are good times. My vert 5 speed has done a 5.1 on a damn near perfect launch but i tend to get in between 5.3 and 5.5 :nice: With 4.10's I hope to be in the 4's :shrug:

I've never actually timed myself but when I head to the track with my stock vert and race a few 350Z's which are all listed as 5.4 sec cars, I'm always ahead of them through first and second gear, which is past 60 mph. I don't think I'm doing 0-60 in 6.5 seconds while beating a few diffrent Z drivers through the first two gears. Oh and yes I do finish the 1/4 mile ahead of them also, most of the time. :banana:

ToplessStang said:
I've never actually timed myself but when I head to the track with my stock vert and race a few 350Z's which are all listed as 5.4 sec cars, I'm always ahead of them through first and second gear, which is past 60 mph. I don't think I'm doing 0-60 in 6.5 seconds while beating a few diffrent Z drivers through the first two gears. Oh and yes I do finish the 1/4 mile ahead of them also, most of the time. :banana:
that doesn't mean anything though, they could be running a faster 0-60 but their reaction time may be sucking

my best run with the g-tech was a 5.35, but that was with my 3.27's, with my 3.73's my best is a 5.6 (added a shift to third b4 60mph), but my 1/4 is better, and the cars feels better with 3.73's