00' GT V8 Clutch Pedal Rattle/Chatter

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by cl0udedth0ught, Oct 4, 2011.

1. cl0udedth0ught

cl0udedth0ught Member

I have a 00 mustang gt (recently bought) with some clutch pedal noise (chatter/rattle/vibration). The car has about 75k on it. The clutch feels fine going in and out of gears and the clutch doesn't feel like its slipping. The car makes the noise in gear and while in neutral but it is only really noticeable at idle or low rpms. It has done it since I bought the car but it "seems" to have gotten worse. I got the car for a steal so I figured I would deal with it if it got worse. I read on some posts on forums that it could be the throwout bearing but I also read of people replacing their clutch/T.O. bearing and still having the problem or not having it until they replace these parts. I'm not sure if either of the two previous owners have replaced the clutch ever but the clutch feels good and shifts smooth as I already noted. I tried pulling the clutch pedal out all the way and pushing it back in and that seemed to help for a while but the noise returned.

The noise is fairly loud and irritating. Anyone else run into this and have a permanent fix besides cranking up the radio?

P.S. (The temps around here dropped quite a bit but not sure if thats affecting it at all making it sound worse.)

Thanks
  2. apats77

apats77 Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Some one else might have a different thought but im thinking replace the stock clutch cable set up? Just did mine with steeda cable/quad/firewall adj.
  3. gt00

gt00 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I had the exact same problem, I replaced the stock clutch cable assembly with a Steeda cable, quadrant & firewall adjuster and it solved the problem.
    Also check the nut that holds the clutch pedal arm to the pivot shaft to see if it's loose.
  4. cl0udedth0ught

cl0udedth0ught Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. How bad is the install and any tips for me?
  5. 1fun281

1fun281 Member

let me know what you find im chasing the same problem
  6. apats77

apats77 Member

Showcase:
    Albums: