00 GT vs Mach 1

My friend just bought a new Mach 1 and has been talking crap about it ever since. He says that he would "Destroy" me in a race and that it wouldn't even be close. Of course, the Mustang Enthusiast that I am, I now have to keep up or BEAT him.

At the moment, I only have 5 bills to spend on upgrades, so your input would be appreciated. Here are a list of our mods;

00 GT
FRPP 4:10's
Custom O/R H-Pipe
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda T/A
Steeda Short Throw Shifter
Steeda SS GT Catback
K&N Hi-Flow Air Filter
Air Silencer Removed
(3:73's Dyno was 252 & 289)

Mach 1
2 Chamber Flow Masters
K&N Air Filter

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe a inexpense bottle to put in you trunk will help, and then you will be saying you werent even close

But most likley you dont want to go down the road so your best bet would be depending on that your racing from a stop or a roll you might want to upgrade the suspension and get some LCAs and sticky tires to really take him from the line with those 4:10s, if I remember correctly the mach only has 3:55s. If you would go from a roll a upgraded suspension wont do you that good you will need more power and with your budget I can only see you being able to upgrade air induction with a throttle body and penlium and maybe a maf to tb tube but that is only good for about 10 to 15 horse maybe.

machs run low 13s stock and with those mods, which are good mods, you shoudnt be too far behind

Other then that take out all the wieght you can and hope for the best

race him at a 8th mile and youll take before he has chance to catch up from the line, but you might be closer in the 1/4, got to love that DOHC.

2K Stanger said:
My friend just bought a new Mach 1 and has been talking crap about it ever since. He says that he would "Destroy" me in a race and that it wouldn't even be close. Of course, the Mustang Enthusiast that I am, I now have to keep up or BEAT him.

At the moment, I only have 5 bills to spend on upgrades, so your input would be appreciated. Here are a list of our mods;

00 GT
FRPP 4:10's
Custom O/R H-Pipe
Steeda U/D Pullies
Steeda T/A
Steeda SS GT Catback
K&N Hi-Flow Air Filter
Air Silencer Removed
(3:73's Dyno was 252 & 289)

Mach 1
2 Chamber Flow Masters
K&N Air Filter
5 bills huh.........Kenne Bell 6psi kit!!!!! That should do it... :nice:

He will get you on the top end, rule of thumb is that SOHC is low end power and DOHC is top end. A good GT can take a Cobra off the line but thats where it ends.

The Machs have plenty of low end grunt.. That is the difference between them and the 99 and 01 Cobras.. So that isn't much of an issue.

My nearly stock Mach put down 289 to the wheels.. Your gears might help a little.. But most likely he'll take you. With 5 bills only, and looking at your mods maybe an O/R midpipe? But still, won't be enough. Sticky tires and the pipe would be what I would spend my 5 bills on.. If you outdrive him, you'll be able to take him off the line for a bit.. My advice, race the 1/8th mile and grab those mods I suggested.

i just got rid of my 00gt that had basicly same mods as your list....be prepared to lose once 3rd gear kicks in its over, with your 4.10`s you will get the jump...but hes gonna pass u

Let him say what he wants and save your money so you can get afew mods in one clip or a pawer adder.
I agree with other guys here and think that maybe you could take him with stick tires if you outdirve him.... but its gonna be interesting once u hit 3rd. My question is why spend the money on tires now just to beat him, in a few thousand miles ( that depends on how u drive and if you get BFG or Nitto DR's) your ties will be bald and you'll be back at square 1....needing more mods.

I had a 2000 GT that I sold to my buddy. We've raced a few times & @ no matter what speed we stop I always win & his mods are as follows: 2" Eibach Sportlines, 4.10s, 17X9 Polished Aluminum 2003+ Cobra Replicas w/ 245s front & 285s rear, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, C&L Upper Intake Plenum, FlowPro Mufflers, JSPEC Headlights, Mac Caster/Camber Plates, Mac Cold Air Intake, Mac Offset Steering Rack Bushings, Saleen Brakes, SPEC Stage 2 Clutch, Speedcal, Steeda Adjustable Clutch Cable/Quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax, Superchip

A full intake would help, like say a C&L Upper Intake Plenum & Accufab 75mm Throttle Body. You could get that for under $500 as a combo @ crmotorsports.com. Mine was like $394 & they're still running the special.

2002BLGT said:
Spray spray spray .
We'll the 00 GT will own it terms of low end performance but,
on the other hand the Mach1 simply owns the high end so,
If you get a great lauch I would say you would be ahead of
him up until he hits third gear then he will start to reel you in
like a fish! :spot: then by the time he shifts to fourth he will
catch up and pass you But,if you add a Nitrous kit and spray
in third when he will starts to reel you in he will be simply :owned:
Your friend 2K Stanger doesn't now much about Mustangs if he
just says he going to "destory" you because there is more to it
than that! I say surprize this guy and run a 75 shot of nitrous in
third then he will be like what just happened I just got :owned: :nice:

kirkyg said:
Everyone is suggesting spraying...but if he only has $500 where is he going to get a entire kit with shift light etc. and have it installed for $500??? Its gonna be more like 1200-1300.

kirkyg

Edelbrock kit has everything you need and is 721.99 and so does NOS kit 05116 is 729.99 through www.jegs.com
all you have to buy is some giggle gas , im sure he can scrape up another 250 bucks if he desires to go fast .

Xanax said:
We'll the 00 GT will own it terms of low end performance but,
on the other hand the Mach1 simply owns the high end so,
:nice:

I just don't see the GT having better low end... My coworker has a 03 GT with the usual bolt on's(filter, pipes) and I have a filter and cat back on my mach1 and I can kill him from the get go all the way to the top..Then we swap rides and he wins in the mach.

I think you would be surprised with the low end of a mach..