00 Mustang clutch pedal rattle

darves

Jul 28, 2005
I'm writing about an 00 Mustang I just bought. The clutch pedal seems to have a loud rattle in it when the engine is between 1800 and 2200 rpm. This seems to occur with or without the vehicle being in gear. I wouldn't worry about it, but one mechanic I know seemed to suggest that is might be a throwout bearing issue.

The car has only 32k, and the clutch feels great on it. Has anyone seen this problem on their vehicle and/or found a solution to the issue.

THanks in advance for any help on this one.

DD

• Sponsors (?)

I get a little rattle from the clutch plate when I'm accelerating in 1rst gear. Never really worried about it myself.

As for the throwout bearing though, you're going to pay a bunch of labor for a cheap part, so investigate your options. If they're going in there already, maybe get a new flywheel or something thrown in under that same "hey it cost us $xxx just to get in there..." charge.

My throwout bearing went, so I had them change the clutch, flywheel, bearing at 50kmiles. It was something liek $500 in labor, $120 in parts. That was a while back, so I don't remember the exact $$ amounts.

i have a 99 with some sort of clutch issue

i have 90k miles though, but my clutch is adjusted out completely and i was told
that i need to replace the clutch cable first and see if that would solve my problem
before moving on to more expensive parts like replacing the clutch
i found a few clutch cables on line off of google for around 40.00
my clutch is mushy and you have to push it all the way to the floor to shift
do you know anything about that hope my info helps you

A bad throwout bearing will usually be making a noise of some sort when the clutch is engaged and it's just spinning... I'd go with the cable first and if that's not it I'd say probably replace the whole thing. A worn out bearing can wear out other parts of the clutch and diagnosis and all that will cost you extra in labor. It's actually not that hard a job if you have a lift and stand for the tranny... but most people don't have access to that...