00 Vert, windows not working

Wotsamattu

Jul 12, 2007
I got in my 2000 Vert and the passenger side electric windows work, but the driver's side ones don't. I searched this forum and found a post with the fuse box diagrams. It looks like there is only 1 master fuse (#43) for the windows, so I would assume that if the fuse was blown, none of the windows would work. The door locks still work.

Is there a relay somewhere that I might need to check?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I've had the same problem with my '00 V6 Coupe for a couple of years or so. My driver's side window seems to short out or something and does work or works poorly (pressing extremely hard or continuously to get it to work and it some times it doesn't). This is very sporadic and I cannot figure it out. It'll usually act up for a few days, then it's fine. Like you, I've never had a problem with the passenger side window.

My '01 coupe had the same problem. Sometimes a good jolt, like slamming the door, would make it work.

No problems with my '95, but my friends '94 V6 had the same problem. His window got stuck in the down position, and I was able to get the motor to work by simply loosening the bolts that hold the motor to the door.:shrug:

While your on the subject of Not working window

Please do respond to this if you know the answer. LOL both my drivers side windows did not work. My drivers side 1 works now thanx to ford dealership and the tune of $335 but my rear passanger 1 does not. It used to do what yours both did. On and off working but now it comepltly does not work. If you know what to possibly check besides the motor its defintly good because harr ford jumped it to get it up for me. Plus every rare occasion if i pressed it the window will work and i have to press it 1,000 times to get it back up but now it hasn't worked in 6months+. So if anyone knows what to check or how to fix this please share with me your knowledge. thank you.

Please do respond to this if you know the answer. LOL both my drivers side windows did not work. My drivers side 1 works now thanx to ford dealership and the tune of $335 but my rear passanger 1 does not. It used to do what yours both did. On and off working but now it comepltly does not work. If you know what to possibly check besides the motor its defintly good because harr ford jumped it to get it up for me. Plus every rare occasion if i pressed it the window will work and i have to press it 1,000 times to get it back up but now it hasn't worked in 6months+. So if anyone knows what to check or how to fix this please share with me your knowledge. thank you.

sounds like the switch finally died. put your meter on Pin#11 RD/BK and Pin#13 YE/BK of the master switch and see if you have +12v and -12v when you rock the switch back and forth.