01 Cobra 300RWHP...Whats a good way to get there??

DoubleONegative

Jun 30, 2003
Tioga Cty PA
Ok guys here is the story. I want to put down numbers at or above 300RWHP and 300RWTQ how do i do this. Also i must have cats to pass Maine Emissions. And long tubes are out of the question

I am thinkin this and what ever else

FR500 Catback
MAF (not sure what size yet
U/D pullies
hi-flow catted H pipe
possibly a Timing adjuster

Thanks alot guys

• Sponsors (?)

I think that with what you have listed you should be able to top the 300 mark pretty easily. There are quite a few guys with UD Pullies, Catback and high flow H or X that are right at 300, so the MAF and timer should get over the mark. You can always opt for a CAI system or swap out the "logs" that come stock on the 01 and put some shorty headers on there...

We got there (well, 299 RWHP/ 305.1 ft. lbs. TQ actually) with only 3 mods (I don't count the tune as a mod)............... and I still run 100% stock exhaust........ down to the tips.
;)
Still well under $1000 in parts and labor, too. :nice:

a) C&L 80mm MAF
b) DiabloSport chip
c) Steeda UDP's
d) JerryW dyno tune

We've since added a FMS aluminum driveshaft, so it's likely just a hair over 300 RWHP right now. Probably do full catback exhaust and gears sometime later on this year and hopefully end up around the 325-335 RWHP mark.
:shrug:
Then turn around and sell it to get an '06 Cobra once Ford decides what it's actually gonna look like and what's going to power it........ :doh:

The torture never stops, does it ??
:nonono: :p