01 cobra only running 14.15?? (video)

• Sponsors (?)

well what i was gonna say has already been said, 1/8th mph looks low, i'd expect low 80's at least, and 1/4 et is slow, just practice, get the 60's down, and if you're serious about it, just get some v6 rims or cheap rims, and put some mickey thompsons on them, i have some spare 10 holes for the 5.0, i put et street radials on them, at my worst it'll do mid 1.8 60 foots, and 8.8, on thursday i'm hoping to go 8.69, in a 5.0 with basically no power mods

get the 1/8 faster mph and et down and the other end will drop another 2-3 tenths. Like I said before , these times were like my stock 00 on factory rubber. I once ran a friends 98 Cobra and he ran 8.82s in 1/8 to my 9.1. The heat will take out mph.

four.six said:
i shifted right before the red.. like 6800 or 6900, fuel cut off is 7000...

Although I don't own a 4v I do know that over reving is a common area where people lose E.T. I have a few friends that have mach 1's who make thier best times shifting around 6300. Practice (or a dyno) are the only ways to find out.

try coming down about 200 rpm every couple passes, regardless of E.T your MPH should get higher, then it will drop off.
it would be nice to have a 01 4v dyno to go off of for a general idea.

I think ur problem is that ur spinning too much off the line. I ran 14.0 and my mph was only 99.6, so since you ran a slower time with an higher mph, that means that you didnt hook as good as i did off the line, and i 'll tell ya i wasent hooking at all when i ran that time.

Evo = Evil

four.six said:
ya, that 65 mustang had some balls.. :nice: what i am stumped about is that damn EVO that we saw run a 12.4 :mad:. that just pisses me off.

there is an EVO viii that i see on the way home almost every day. those bad boy's are evil. hard to compete with light weight. hopefullt the next stang will weigh 2700 not 3700 lbs. 100 lbs = .1 second (roughly) if the 2005 weighed 2700 it would run about a second faster.

2700/300hp = 9 lbs/hp.
3800/300hp = 12.6 lbs/hp