'01 Cobra stalls/misses at higher RPM

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by e4x6, Feb 19, 2009.

1. e4x6

e4x6 New Member

When I let off the gas, then get back on it, it usually runs okay. it is getting to where it does it more often. Feels like I am loosing one cylinder momentarily. If I was to take it to the shop, it wouldnt do it. naturally... I replaced the fuel filter with a high volume Steeda filter. New cold air kit but it did it before I added either of these. It has 53,000 miles on it. I have owned it for 3000 of those.

Any suggestions?
  2. COBRA90GT

COBRA90GT Mod Dude

Well, if you suspect cylinder problems/missing, run an engine compression test and if need be, a leakdown test...and while you are at it, you can check/replace the sparkplugs as well.

Ensure your coilpacks are properly seated on the top of each sparkplug as well [Coil On Plug (COP)]. Look for vacuum leaks too. The above areas cover the majority of engine misfiring related problems.

What else can you tell us about the car's prior history? Was it supercharged/ran on nitrous? Garage queen? Track car? Any recent repair work (especially ignition related) by the previous owner? etc, etc.

G'luck!