01 cobra?

DaDDyGSp0T

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Southern Cali
im probobly gunna be trading my car in for an 01 cobra and i wanna know some things about it...i know its 32v DOHC .... how much power to the wheels is it? how much torque? how many gears is it a 5spd or 6spd? is it worth trading it in for an 01 cobra or should i just trade it for another GT? if i get a good enough deal i might even trade for a 03 cobra

• Sponsors (?)

A stock 01 is putting about 275 to the pavement. They come with 3:27s I think. You'd want to change out for 4:10s or 4:30s. The Cobras are a little sluggish off the line. Their power comes higher up in the tach range. So if you swap out gears, you'll rocket off the line. If you can afford it, get the 03. The 01 has a 5 speed, the 03 has a 6 speed.
But what the hell do I know. I have a 97 GT.

You mentioned you were about 13k into your GT.. The 01 Cobra with low milage is going to cost you in the high teens.. A used Mach only a little more but more performance.

I don't know if I would trade up if I were you. Sure it's a Cobra and has a better base to mod with... But I'd personally wait.. Pay off your car some more.. If your set on the current look of Mustangs and don't like the new style (like me) Save up for the 03/04 Cobra. I went from a GT to a Mach and in retrospect I probably should have ponied up a little more for the Cobra.. Hell, you're in SD.. Sell you my Mach w/6k miles on it :)

machs are cool but not my style....they remind me of a V6 even though they arent ... i think its the rims.... but they are hella cool cars.....i think im just gunna get the cobra dude and as soon as i get it couple days later 4.10's