01 GT Automatic issue

aFTeRLiFe

Apr 26, 2011
I did a search for this on google and found someone else with a issue with theirs redlining. However I don't believe I am having that issue, if I am racing I don't normally pay much attention to my meters I just watch the road.

Anyways, when ever I floor it right off the bat it seems that it gets stuck in that one gear it will shift but it takes awhile, I guess we could call it lag. :shrug: If that bad boy would shift I could blow stuff away, it doesn't do it every time but it seems whenever I got some crappy honda testing his luck it always wants to **** up. I still beat him, but if it would get a better shift response I would be much more happier. My question is, what is the problem with this? Is my tranny bad?

I have BBK cold air intake, 410 gears, and flowmaster exhaust... Everything else is just stock, car only has 20k miles. There is a tuner I was thinking about getting on AM but I don't know if that will fix the problem.

Thanks,
:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Yes get the tuner! What do you have to fix your speedo if you dont have a tuner!?:shrug:

Your tranny is fine. Your shift points are totally wrong without a tune. You will naturally smack the limiter, because the revs are rising in 1st a lot faster with the 4.10s than with the stock 3.27s.

The SF3 tuner will give you a completely different shift pattern to your auto. It makes a massive improvement, and is the single best mod you can get for an auto.

I don't have anything to fix the speedo, just got used to it being off by 10 or so.

Thanks! I will definitely buy this tuner soon enough...

Again, thanks for the help. :)

You do understand that your car has been putting miles on at a faster rate. Not sure if you plan on keeping your car or not, but this will lower the value of the car faster than normal.

Anyways, do what is stated above. SCT tuner from AM will fix your speedo, shift points, and shift firmness.

You do understand that your car has been putting miles on at a faster rate. Not sure if you plan on keeping your car or not, but this will lower the value of the car faster than normal.

Anyways, do what is stated above. SCT tuner from AM will fix your speedo, shift points, and shift firmness.

Never knew that, but I am planning on keeping it. I just bought it last June, so almost a year of driving it this way. Doubt it's that bad, now 5 years possibly.

I ordered the tuner about an hour ago. So in a few more days. :)