'01 GT Conv System Help

Thanatos

Apr 25, 2004
Hi, I recently purchased this set of subs for a good price but the problem is, I know nothing about systems and compatibility. I only bought it because it was a decent price and if it's not gonna work, I'll resell it before I open it.

First of all...
I have a '01 GT conv. mustang.
It has the Mach stock sound system.

And now the questions.
Has anyone had luck with a box this size in the same car as mine?
Will the box fit?
What kind of amp do I need to push those and how much am I lookin to spend?
I've heard that the Mach system has weird wiring... will this be a proble? Will I be able to install it myself or will I have to go to a professional?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Sell them!

You are going to have to spend at least a grand to get your system up and running.

First you need an amp to run those subs that you just bought. Second you'll need an new deck and component speakers because the mach system won't run a non-mach amp and subs. Third you'll have to either rewire or bypass the mach wiring.

Also, the subs you bought aren't all that great to start with.

Sorry.

hey, i have a box in my vert with the mach 460 stuff. all you need is an amp and a wiring kit and a line out converter. the amp remote wire can run off the mach 6 cd deck. I forget what wire i spliced into so i have to check ..i think it is black and pink. then you splice the line out converter into your rear speakers. run all the wiring and your done. i will try to get pics of mine on friday if you want.

You need nowhere near a grand. I put mine together for around $200.

Rich

WOW...I guess I'm surprised that you would do that...of course you can splice, patch, and ghetto-rig it, but why do that? You don't get anywhere near the quality with that dinky 14gauge speaker wire that you do out of RCAs.

Obviously you should do what you want to do and what you can afford to do, but in my personal experience (over 5 years in the mobile electronics industry) I can tell you that the quality difference is tremendous! Also, if you go this route be aware that it won't be as reliable as if you were to do things the right way the first time around.

i didnt ghetto rig it. it uses the rca's through the line out converter. It sounds like the guy just wants to add some bass to the mach system so im telling him how everyone else does it. mine sounds good and hits pretty hard.

Rich

Well the man at cartoys told me it was possible to run a sub/amp through the mach system... something through the back seats or something. So I ended up buyin the subs and a decent mtx amp to go along. I'm gonna have cartoys install it for me, I don't mind spendin a little extra to have a professional do the job right then ****ing it up myself.

Thanks for the input guys.