01 GT Electrical Problem

nstaab

Founding Member
Jul 23, 2001
Chandler, AZ, USA
Hello ladies and gentlemen, long time..

lately - ive been having a problem with my 01 GT. the horn, cruise control do not work - as well as the air bag flashing a code 32. this all points to the clockspring.. now, i noticed the other day that the cigarette lighter down by the trac control has 0 voltage. i've checked both sets of fuses, and was wondering if anyone here had any insight on to WTF could be going on?

thank you.

Nathan

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds like 2 diffrent problems. Your probably right about the clock spring for your horn/cruise problem. As for your lighter, was the fuse blown ??? Not questioning your ability but are you sure you checked it properly? Try plugging in a cell phone power cord to be sure it's not working. If fuse is good and it isn't working, take it apart and check the two wires for 12V and ground. Work from there. Good luck.

ToplessStang said:
It sounds like 2 diffrent problems. Your probably right about the clock spring for your horn/cruise problem. As for your lighter, was the fuse blown ??? Not questioning your ability but are you sure you checked it properly? Try plugging in a cell phone power cord to be sure it's not working. If fuse is good and it isn't working, take it apart and check the two wires for 12V and ground. Work from there. Good luck.

No fuses are blown, thats the thing. as far as the lighter - plugged phone charger in, wasnt getting ****, so i got out the voltmeter.. 0 volts.

hm.

I thing it's just a coincidence. I can't think of anything that is common to the cigarette lighter and horn/cruise control.

Before concluding the clockspring is bad, check the dark green / orange wire to the cruise control servo. The servo internally provides the ground connection to this wire for the horn, cruise control, and air bag monitor.