01 GT Horn Relay

greenlantern77

Aug 9, 2007
I have seen alot of threads about horns and even some involving talk about the relay for the horn circuit, but no answer on where the horn relay is. I thought it would be in the fuse/relay box under the hood but looked at the manual and only the horn fuse is there. Looked under/behind the dash and didnt really see anything that looked like a relay. anyone know where the horn relay is?

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry bro, I have no clue other than I broke something in my Cruise Control, and the CC buttons make the horn honk now... maybe that will help? lol

from what ive read, your problem is the "clock spring" which im guessing is like a slip ring connector that allows signals (horn, cruise control, maybe power goes through it too?) to go through a spinning mechanism without the wires getting spun around and tangled up, via the slip ring. so you will probably have to disconnect the battery, pull the wheel, take off the air bag (never done it but seems like it would be a fairly fragile component), replace the clock spring connector.

again, the above statement is based off of assumptions from other threads i have read and your description, not from personal experience, anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

maybe some one will chime in to correct you and some one that knows what you need will hop in and help you... I appreciate the info. Hadn't heard that before.

found it, right behind the fuse box, inside of a little box with 4 relays in it. The relay works, I can hear it clicking anyway (as long as the fuse is in, doesnt do anything with out the fuse) but when I measure the voltage at the fuse, it doesnt change at all, always 12V. When I pull the fuse and measure each side to ground, the side towards the front of the car is 12V and the side towards the inside of the car is 0. Anyone have any input on this or ideas? I would have thought that the horn was grounded and the relay supplied it (through the fuse) with either nothing or 12V to sound the horn. Any Ideas on how I could connect something to the horn fuse outlet to force the horn voltage to be in the on state to see if the horn works.

found it, right behind the fuse box, inside of a little box with 4 relays in it. The relay works, I can hear it clicking anyway (as long as the fuse is in, doesnt do anything with out the fuse) but when I measure the voltage at the fuse, it doesnt change at all, always 12V. When I pull the fuse and measure each side to ground, the side towards the front of the car is 12V and the side towards the inside of the car is 0. Anyone have any input on this or ideas? I would have thought that the horn was grounded and the relay supplied it (through the fuse) with either nothing or 12V to sound the horn. Any Ideas on how I could connect something to the horn fuse outlet to force the horn voltage to be in the on state to see if the horn works.
Is this in the engine compartment or under the dash? My horn is dead as well and I've tested everything else- even replaced the clockspring and nothing!