01 Gt Will Crank But Not Idle?!?!? Help!!!

kobelias

Jan 28, 2004
I started having problems with my car when one day i cranked her up and she started fine but died imediately....at first it thought it was the MAF, so i had that replaced and it worked fine for a while then the problem happened again...if anybody has any suggestions please let me know!!

• Sponsors (?)

1. How many miles are on this vehicle ?

2. When was the last time the fuel filter and spark plugs were changed ?

3. Do you have the Service Engine soon light on or has it come on at all ?

4. Have you checked the engine bay to make sure you have no intake leaks and made sure that all your sensors and intake hoses are connected as they should be ?

I only ask these questions cause the more information we have, the better we can analyze and solve your problem.

she just broke 40k and there was a check engine light that came on and i found out that it was the MAF (i went and replaced that) fuel filter has not been changed and the spark plugs were replace at 30k, i have check the engine bay for any intake hoses lose and everything seems to be all as they should be.....could it be the fuel pump? if it is and IAC is that easily replaced or do i have to have a professional handle that?

attachment.php

I believe it is two bolts, a plug for the solenoid, and a hose. Plus it couldn't be in an easy place on the engine.

Is it just me, or do a lot of people have this problem with the IAC going bad on their Mustangs? I think mine is going bad now too, with 45K miles on the car. It seems to me like something like this should last longer. My pinion bearing in the rear is also going bad, and I don't race the car (exept one day at the track like 3 years ago). I thought I had a very reliable car, but now I'm starting to wonder? :shrug: