01 GT with 5.4L DOHC and 03-04 cobra blower

2002BLGT

Dec 18, 2003
Bedford VA
Just thought I would share what I get to tune in a couple weeks , I put a start up tune on it Saturday so the FR500 cams can get broke in and drive it around to seat the rings before we put it on the dyno

IMG01164.jpg

IMG01163.jpg

IMG01162.jpg

Alot of work has went into this , and guy wants to see if one of the magazines wants to do an article on it

Attachments

• IMG01164.jpg
    IMG01164.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG01163.jpg
    IMG01163.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG01162.jpg
    IMG01162.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 177
  • Sponsors (?)

Other than the retarded BOSS graphics and whatever the hell those are on the front bumper, it looks decent. The motor is badass.

Never seen so much hate LOL , the car was like this when he bought it , the chrome things in the bumpers are actually holes for brake duct hose for the front brakes , the car was road course raced, I think the owner has plans to do 03-04 cobra body parts on it once the car is back on the road

Opinions are like ***holes - everybody's got one. At least the guy had enough backbone to make the car his and different from the rest. He won't go, "oh crap which black mustang is mine" in a parking lot. I get a little crap from time to time from local mustang guys because I have 15" wheels on mine. At least they are not Saleen or Saleen knock-offs like 50 other mustangs I see everyday. I have mine just about the way I want it so like it or not, that is the way it is stayin' and I suspect this guy feels the same way. I mean does anyone really think this guy is gonna say "I am gonna rush out and go change my paint and hood because someone on an online forum doesn't like it this way"?

Sorry for the rant but I had a half dozen "mustang guys" tell me I should put larger rims on my car over the last couple days and then I had to exchange words with a moron earlier about the way my car looked and sounded because he apparently didn't think it was near as sweet as I do. Finally told him that if I wanted his opinion I would take a tire iron and beat it out of him. Then this reject muscle head went and got in a toyota camry with 20" chrome wheels and dead clear coat on the top and hood. WTH?

I will step down off my soapbox now.

well we finally got it on the dyno today , we got a baseline tune on it so he can drive it more to bring the engine in , the rings have not seated yet so we may get more aggressive with the tune in a few weeks

IMG01232.jpg

RobbyWdynorun.jpg

It fell way short of 600 and even short of 500 by a good bit , I have no doubt with more aggressive tuning , porting the blower and better elbow for the TB that we could get closer to 500 but I think the biggest problem is the 03-04 cobra blower is too small for the 5.4 and DOHC heads , this thing is making close to GT500 torque numbers but the HP is low because the boost is dropping off after 4300 rpms from 15 down to 10 , oh and by the way , if anybody does this swap the IAC valve goes on as pictured in this picture

429 RWHP 509 RWTQ

there are haters :gtfo: everywhere you go. F all of them regardless of the paint, emlems... blah blah blah, its about whats under your hood. i have to admit that is legit. nice ride and great work. got one question, why didnt you just go with the gt500 intake manifold since you were supercharging it anyways? i think you will be a bit more impressed with the numbers that come of it since you will see the potential of your combo you have going on. if you have the bread snag up on of those and a kenne bell for the gt500 and your hp and torque numbers will be very impressive. you will be more than happy with well over 550 hp and 600ftlbs of torque with the correct tune. all in all, nice build and good pics, way to do something that everybody doesnt even think of. im sure a lot of the a$$holes are thinking get an aluminator :tard: like everybody and their brother...