01 motor in a 96 need help

I can get an 01 motor, trans, wiring harnesses, and k frame for $1500 with less than 10,000 miles on it. How hard would it be to put it in my car and what else would I need to do it, I know I would more than likely need an 01 computer, but is there anything else????

Tyler

• Sponsors (?)

Dunno what you'd need but its a very straightforward swap. My friend has an 04 engine in his 96. He had an 01 engine in it before, but then he blew that one up with nitrous :D

use everything off of your engine now , you wont need to modify anything except mounting your coil packs and the accessories might need to use the 01 stuff , take your fuel rails and emissions stuff from your engine and put on your new motor , you will have to drill out the aluminum crossover on the PI intake to mount your other coolant sensor . if you want put the newer injectors into your fuel rail , just cause they are newer . everything else should be straight bolt up

I just did this, this is what you need to do. Use your old computer and fuel system, you will also need to re-use your fule rails, old coil packs and plug wires, you will need to use the old headers as well if you plan on running the mid pipe you have now. That is about all you need to worry about, but another thing is that on the 01 intake there is gonna be one Intake Sensor Connection, but on the 96-98 there is two. What you need to do is take the old connection off your old intake and plug it into the Drain Plug on the driver side of the block, then extend the wire from the plug and plug it in tere so your computer will get a reading of your temp, other then that it is very simple, all the mod motors run about the same, there are a few changes in the fuel and ignition system but that is about it, good luck.

I already have my thermostat housing tapped for the 2nd CTS becuase I put a PI intake on it, so I'm set on that already. I also found out I can get a brand new cobra motor 98 or 99 not sure which year, but it's in pieces, but its still brand new though, I would just have to assemble it. How hard would swappin that in be?? Would I just use my stock trans???

Tyler