01 Mustang Exhuast

So i was thinking about purchasing a h-pipe for my gt My only question is that If I get an off road one I know it wont pass smog but will my check engine light be all the time? Also all h-pipes that you buy for are cars have the openings for the oxygen sensors right? Thanks guys new to the newer mustang was a master at the fox bodies.

• Sponsors (?)

The service engine light soon light will come on unless you have the MIL eliminators, or turn 'em off with a Diablosport Predator or other tuner. It wont affect performance, just have that annoying light on. Most H pipes I have seen have the openings for the O2 sensors on 'em.

Light will go off after you disconect then reconnect the battery. If you get a H pipe with High Flow cats you should be fine. I run a O/R H and used a Predator to turn off the 02's. I'll just swap in the stock H when comes time to smog.

Any Recomondations on a good h x with high flow cats for a good price not to expensive and a nice sound? Would it pass smog with high flow cats? Anybody have a used h/x pipe with a pair of high flow cats that you want to get rid of? :)

Your 01 should have 4 like my 00. It was the pre 99's that had 6. It has alot to do with sound preference. Deeper sound go H if you want a more raspy go X. Or do a search on "Pro Chamber" I have the H with Flows Super 40's and love the sound. I'd say just get an O/R pipe and switch when you need to smog it.