01 Windstar Build

Cc87

Jan 4, 2017
So I'm probably going to get laughed off this page for this but here goes nothing

I have a 01 windstar ( yes it's a minivan) but has the heart of a Mustang, the same 3.8 with some varations to the intake and exhaust. I came across another 3.8 out of a Mustang and am looking to rebuild it with the 4.2 stroker kits and upgrading heads and cam and exhaust has anyone else on here done this yet how much power did it create aND what other good upgrades can I do to make my minivan faster

• Sponsors (?)

So I'm probably going to get laughed off this page for this but here goes nothing

I have a 01 windstar ( yes it's a minivan) but has the heart of a Mustang, the same 3.8 with some varations to the intake and exhaust. I came across another 3.8 out of a Mustang and am looking to rebuild it with the 4.2 stroker kits and upgrading heads and cam and exhaust has anyone else on here done this yet how much power did it create aND what other good upgrades can I do to make my minivan faster

I think your big issue will be how much can the transmission take..
The company I work for has 20-25 windstars/freestars,and at least 10 of em have had to have the transmission rebuilt,great vans that run forever but-like to puke transmissions when beat on lol.
Have you considered a 4.2 freestar swap?
Another idea,and one that may be a real headache to figure out- Blower :)

I haven't decided if I'm going for a low compression boosted build or a high compression n/a build and for the ttans mission I know im going to have to upgrade it