'02 Eibach spring question, pro or sportline? Need help.

I posted this in the V6 forum, but I would like a variety of different opinions so any feedback is appreciated.

I drive an '02 V6 and I am in dire need to lower my car. The question is, should I go with the pro or sportline kit from Eibach? The reason I chose Eibach is simply because I don't know of too many other springs that are available to lower your car 2". Honestly, I think my car was built higher than most other 6's in '02. When I bought the car, it was tremendously high even with the stock 225/55/16's. A few weeks back I bought 17" Cobra R's wrapped with 255/40/17 and it's a given that the car will look even higher, and it does. It looks so bad right now and I measured the gap and I still have close to a 3-3 1/4" gap between the wheel well to the top of the tire. Will it be ok to drop the car 2" with the sportline kit? My thoughts are that whichever springs I go with, I will install them, let them sit for a couple of weeks and settle and see what I have to work with. If the gap is still big then I guess I can always go up to 255/45/17.

Let me know all your thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

JOHNS01GT said:
Pro kit will only get you an inch to an inch and quarter. Go sportlines, or H&R Supersports. Do a search for H&R's, they will give you probably the lowest drop.

I agree. I've got the Pro-kit and managed a little over 1 3/8" drop on all corners. If you do drop it over 2" be sure to get the c/c plates as well. The reason being... any drop under 1 1/2" will just require an alignment (stock equipment will still be able to compensate), any drop over 1 1/2" will need the aftermarket c/c plates and an alignment.

good luck :nice:

I had the pro kit in my old 00 v6 and it was a bumpy ride but the car had 50k miles on it when i installed the so it could have been bad shocks? I put sportlines on my 03 gt conv. and it is slammed on it's nuts but the ride is smooth handling is great and it looks hella kick ass

Zealot...heres a pick with my sportlines on 2 inch drop.

new_side.jpg