02 gt antifreeze help?!?

ktaylOR2012

Nov 6, 2010
stl.Mo
so i need help with my antifreeze. every day i check it for the past few days every time its empty...so i have to fill it back up and then the next day empty again.. i don't see any leaks but in the cold it smokes A LOT i need help to find out what it is to see what i need fix help plz

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same problem, turned out to be a leaking gasket at the aluminum crossover attached to the intake manifold. When I installed teh PI intake and replaced all the gaskets the problem went away.

Take a look under the hood and see if you can isolate the place where it's leaking. Do you have any drip marks under the car? Do you see a slimy green gunky substance anywhere around the thermostat, heads, coolant crossover, etc? Maybe post up a few pics of your engine bay. Make sure if you do post pics that they are good pictures. Well lit with some close up shots of the areas I mentioned.

Can't tell you how many times people post chit pictures asking for help :nonono:

Take a look under the hood and see if you can isolate the place where it's leaking. Do you have any drip marks under the car? Do you see a slimy green gunky substance anywhere around the thermostat, heads, coolant crossover, etc? Maybe post up a few pics of your engine bay. Make sure if you do post pics that they are good pictures. Well lit with some close up shots of the areas I mentioned.

Can't tell you how many times people post chit pictures asking for help :nonono:

ya i dont see any oil drop or anything but if it was head gasket wouldn't the smoke be more of a blueish color? it just white

No, it'd be white. When mine went it smoked like a train and it was white. Not to mention, my oil looked like a milkshake.

Like everyone is saying, check all your connections and look for anything wet. Just do a really good look over front top to bottom with a good light.

Have you tried finding the leak with the hood open and motor running? I had a coolant leak in my F250 a while back and found the source of the leak by popping the hood and running the motor. I just pulled on the throttle cable lightly to rev the motor and every time it revved I noticed a pinhole stream coming from one of my hoses. Replaced the hose, problem solved.