'02 Gt - Hey!

adeathsmckitten

Oct 16, 2012
Hey guys!

I've been lurking around the forums for a little bit now, always searching around for answers to some of my simple problems :) I'm currently 18 and enrolled in College to be a Software Developer. I don't know a whole lot about cars, only the pretty basic stuff. I think it's safe to say that I know more than your average Joe.

I started off with a beautiful Satin Silver 2002 Mustang GT that was in mint condition. It had only 65,000 miles on it. It had full bolt-on's from what I know, and I think it was tuned. I'm not completely sure for it had a short life and my father had bought it for me. We picked it up for around $9,000. Unfortunately, the car was totaled in an accident that was declared not my fault.

After beating on a 2001 Volkswagen Passat with over 135,000 miles on it for a few months, I finally came across a deal that I thought would be a good idea.

I found another 2002 Mustang GT that was a little banged up. It has a few very minor dents in it that I plan on getting massaged out. The paint job is horrible and completely faded. The car's engine is bone stock except for a K&N filter and only has 60,000 miles on it (currently). The only other modifications (that I'm aware of) to the car are the exhaust. I'm not completely sure what he did to it, except that there are no mufflers or cats. Just straight pipes all the way back, the mid section being an H-pipe. It sounds SEXY.

Recently I just bought a mint condition GT bumper off Craigslist, because the previous owner put the v6 bumper on it. (It is an R-Title car) I also recently replaced the belt and the tension pulley because the spring inside of it was loose and was causing a squeeking noise. I replaced the windshield as well for there was a pretty massive crack in it. I may post pictures of it in the future if anybody is interested. I bought the car for $6,500 which I think isn't too bad considering the mileage.

I plan to completely repaint the car a dark glossy orange, with black accents (It's currently mineral grey with black accents). The stock rims are still on the car and hopefully I can buy me a nice pair of Black GT500 style rims, 18". I'd like to lower the car about 1.5 inches and equipt it with full bolt on modifications and a tune :)

There's my story!

• Sponsors (?)