02 GT nitrous help

Torinalth

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Clayton NC
hey guys, i tried in the power adders forum, but nobody even looked at it.

in a month i will be getting a nitrous system to hold me over till i get my kenne bell blower. I was origionaly going to go for the NOS sniper system, but noticed it uses a plate that goes in the intake track... my only issue with this would be when i get the kenne bell and their intake upgrade with lightning maf, cold air kit, and large TB.... will the plate even fit at that point, and if it does wouldnt the size of the plate restrict the airflow?

if i am correct in assumin that, then what route should i go? i dont wanna drop a large amount of cash on the nitrous system, just something to get me going till i get the blower.... wanna stay around 500-600. i know steeda sells the NX wet kit that looks pretty solid, and saw the NOSzle system, but 1300 is a lil much for just nitrous.... any thoughts?

after i get the blower i will be forging the engine and then will be using the nitrous with the blower... just wanted to clarify that.

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly i would just pick one, nitrous or blower. Put that money a side for the blower and built block if your going to do a cheap NOS set up. Personally i would go with nitrous all the way. You don't need 600 rwhp going to the corner store. Nitrous is just there when your racing. Just my 2 cents

I agree on doing one or the other. Pick one power adder, then save the extra $$$ for building up the engine.

Built engine = LOTS of boost or LOTS of juice. :nice:

i was thinking of kenne bell for the every day, and nitrous for those time i just need to make a statement and track days.... but too much ehh?

I'll think about it some more and see what other questions i might have. thanks for the responces.

Torinalth

Torinalth said:
i was thinking of kenne bell for the every day, and nitrous for those time i just need to make a statement and track days.... but too much ehh?

I'll think about it some more and see what other questions i might have. thanks for the responces.

Torinalth

well from what i've heard, (i've had no direct experience with this particular thing, so take this with a grain of salt) when you spray & it's going through the s/c it actually starts to eat off the teflon on the inside of the s/c. again i'm not sure about this, it's purely what i've heard. im sure someone will chime in if i'm wrong.

btw-i'm with everyone else on this one, pick one or the other. the less crap you have to deal with the better :nice:

Torinalth said:

Torinalth

:eek:

I hope you're talking about doing this on a built engine. The KB (or enough spray) by itself would have no problem turning the crappy stock bottom end into powder. I bet a KB + spray on a stock GT would kill it before you even trip the 1/8 mile light.