02 GT Vert, Bilstein or Tokico Illumina?

derek02gt

Dec 25, 2003
plain and simple..what has the smoothest ride and best corning ability's matched with H&R Supersports on a convertible..the 5way illumina's or the bilstein? WHAT IS the better SHOCK!! :) hehe..is their a simple answer or no? they cost the same.

• Sponsors (?)

derek02gt said:
plain and simple..what has the smoothest ride and best corning ability's matched with H&R Supersports on a convertible..the 5way illumina's or the bilstein? WHAT IS the better SHOCK!! :) hehe..is their a simple answer or no? they cost the same.

I went with bilstiens due to the fact they have a better quality track record. Make sure if you buy the illumia you get the part #'s for a lowered car and dont' just get the 99-04 off ebay.

that being said I have heard you can get a bit smoother ride out of the Illumina's but that does mean better handling. I have a feeling with the supersports drop and rate there is not cadiliac ride no matter what you go with.

I was in your same situation and piece of mind on the quality steered me toward the bilsteins.

derek02gt said:

KYB AGX. 4 way fronts, 8 way rears with a dial on the side of the shock to adjust (no going in the trunk). Fantastic shocks. I couldnt be happier, and I paid 350 for the set!

Get another mod (subframes/stb etc.) with the money you save

I am using the KYB AGX shocks/struts and they're definitely the way to go. I've got Konis in my '68 and these things are WAY more adjustable than the Konis could ever dream to be, and are less expensive to boot.

H&R SS springs and AGXs, the way to go IMHO.