02 gt vs 03 cobra

ktaylOR2012

Nov 6, 2010
stl.Mo
other then the super charger fuel lines and injectors what else is different. im getting a stock supercharger the fuel lines and injectors and install for about $1500 what else is different performance wise

• Sponsors (?)

other then the super charger fuel lines and injectors what else is different. im getting a stock supercharger the fuel lines and injectors and install for about $1500 what else is different performance wise

completely different engine. 4v in the cobra and 2v in the GT.. buy a blower kit designed for a GT.

Simple Vortech kit, non Intercooled. Should produce about 380ish to the wheels. If you run an Intercooler setup,you you can achieve 450ish with a VT or KB. Some have no issues what so ever at 450, some do. Safe bet keep it around 400. When ready, build the block up and add some more boost for 500+ I personally would save for a Vortec v3. Good first blower. They are about 3600$

A wise man once told me you gotta spend lots of money to go fast....:D

If you plan on keeping your car a long time and really like it, theres nothing wrong with supercharging it... The just dont get a ridiculous amount of psi on the motor and it should be fine. 6-9 psi is plenty enough. I talked to a guy at a local car show that had 1999 GT with a Vortech s/c and had about 150k on it. Said the only thing he had to really worry about was his clutch. Just as long as you take care of the car it should be fine though.

What are your goals with the car? You need to think about that before you get into a major build like this...

Btw i know the members on here will give me flack but if you head to modded mustang forums, you can find some great write ups on building your s/c kit for around 1500 dollars. Do your homework and then make you decision instead of just jumping on a deal that seems really good...

Good luck with it!:nice:

ya but doing that would be about 4k with install this is only 1500

I was once too a Eaton/Tork Tech noob and I got put in my place in this thread:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/826394-eaton-2v.html

You can also go to this one for more info on what you are wanting:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...h-custom-prototype-manifold-2v-tons-pics.html

If you scroll down on either of those threads parts ALONE was 3 grand.

The blower will not bolt right up to the GT, it has to have the Tork Tech kit and they are the only ones making it, last time the price was checked on this site by a member it was up to 1700 plus shipping via ItsStock02 on my thread (ie the 1st one) and that was in november last year.

You will need all the parts listed on tork tech's site along with the other stuff, its clearly laid out. You will also need a larger fuel pump. I looked it all over and even had an eaton from a Cobra I could get for 150 and passed. Best deal I have ever seen on just the blower and still didn't want to go through the hassle of sourcing everything.

I was once too a Eaton/Tork Tech noob and I got put in my place in this thread:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/826394-eaton-2v.html

You can also go to this one for more info on what you are wanting:

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...h-custom-prototype-manifold-2v-tons-pics.html

If you scroll down on either of those threads parts ALONE was 3 grand.

The blower will not bolt right up to the GT, it has to have the Tork Tech kit and they are the only ones making it, last time the price was checked on this site by a member it was up to 1700 plus shipping via ItsStock02 on my thread (ie the 1st one) and that was in november last year.

You will need all the parts listed on tork tech's site along with the other stuff, its clearly laid out. You will also need a larger fuel pump. I looked it all over and even had an eaton from a Cobra I could get for 150 and passed. Best deal I have ever seen on just the blower and still didn't want to go through the hassle of sourcing everything.

ty for posting those 2 links idk ill talk to him 2maro see what he says and see if he and if he cant see if he can cut me a deal on for my year..