02 GT won't start after CAI/TB/plenum install

Longtube headers pretty much force you (or close to it) to drop the k-member, which yes, is a PITA. Mid length and shorty's are a little easier but still a tight fit. Its pretty much said if you arent going longtubes or a quality set of mid-lengths, dont bother with headers.

And catbacks really wont give much HP yeild, just more of a sound preference.

Ive had quite a few people tell me one of the best bang for the buck mods they did was a catless X pipe though. I just picked one up myself, but dont have it installed yet so I cant make that judgment. I dont know if the hi-flow catted ones offer the same gain, I imagine some though.

Sadly, these engines dont respond to mods like your 5.0, or the DOHC 4.6's.

And off topic a bit, but the RPM Outlet BBK/C&L TB and plenum combo is actually a BBK TB and a RPM Outlet plenum, but with the same design as C&L. Says its C&L patented, so I assume that means its the same casting, and offers the same performance. If so, thats what I will go with over the PP unit.

• Sponsors (?)

How about underdrive pulleys? Or some sort of tuning system to straighten out the A/F and timing?

This is going to be my brothers car soon, and he's excited for a fast car so mods don't have to have my mom's OK. But he is only 18 and money is an option.

zenboy99 said:
How about underdrive pulleys? Or some sort of tuning system to straighten out the A/F and timing?

This is going to be my brothers car soon, and he's excited for a fast car so mods don't have to have my mom's OK. But he is only 18 and money is an option.

Well, if you can pretty much put whatever mod on the car I would go catless H or X pipe (sound preference) and possibly some weld in mufflers. A tuner like Diablo or SCT might help tie it all in, ive heard they can turn out some nice results.

Alot of 4.6 guys look down on underdrive pulleys. The 4.6 is a touchy motor, and there have been several times where engine faliure has been linked to underdrive pulleys. Then again, many people run them without problems. But if you do go this route, many people will suggest getting a quality set including the SFI dampener for the crank pully.

BlownStangGT said:
Good luck....off topic a little but anyone looking for a plenum/t.b. combo I will pass you onto the rpm/c&l plenum and bbk throttle body for $249.95 from rpmoutlet. It says its 279, but when you click on the link it comes up at 249.95, i ordered one right away!

BurningRubber said:
!!! oh hells yeah....:SNSign:

40 bucks more for proven products...

What a great deal what was the shipping?

the98stang said:
umm..why the he11 are you modding your MOMS car? Just curious...

I get asked that alot.

-My mom has always liked fast cars, in the last 30 years she has only owned Mustangs or Camaro's
-She has ALOT of disposable income
-My step-Dad died last year and my mom is on vacation, this gives me a little project I can do with my brothers.
-My brothers are just as nuts about Mustangs as I am and drive this car frequently (even my 12 year old brother). So this is more the family car, but my brother is probably going to buy it from my mom.

PULMEOVR said:
Your 12 year old brother drives a modded V8 Mustang??? :eek:

I started learning how to drive when I was 8 or 9. Even a minivan had alot of power to me then. Keep in mind this is in hicktown, nothing around except the dirt on the road and deer in the woods.

zenboy99 said:
I get asked that alot.

-My mom has always liked fast cars, in the last 30 years she has only owned Mustangs or Camaro's
-She has ALOT of disposable income
-My step-Dad died last year and my mom is on vacation, this gives me a little project I can do with my brothers.
-My brothers are just as nuts about Mustangs as I am and drive this car frequently (even my 12 year old brother). So this is more the family car, but my brother is probably going to buy it from my mom.

That's cool. I understand now :)