Roush '02 S281sc vs '02 360R????

pbm.cc

Jun 24, 2004
what I want to know is kinda simple but I know its going to get complicated! I read that a guy has a Roush stage 3 classic (m90 blower) and he is at 420rwhp! I have a '02 S281sc and I too have the m90 blower on mine, I havent gotten a base tune yet, but I would like to know if this is even possible? and if the inlet intake for the Roush is different that the Saleen's? also is the lower intake different as well? The guy claims he only had a CAI, a 2.65" pulley, and a o/r x pipe and borla cat back ( I have the same but no pulley). and dynoed at 420rwhp! thats awesome! Do you guys know if the Roushcharger is better than the Saleen one?

here is the link as to where I read it from:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487357

post #14

Should I had bought a Roush?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

from my understanding, Roush's supercharger setup has a much better intercooler, lower intake, and plenum/elbow on it. That probably accounts for a good chunk of that power. If/when you do the pulley, you need to get the mosaleen idler, it does wonders about belt slip.

.... Do you guys know if the Roushcharger is better than the Saleen one?

Yes. ROUSH engineered a excellent mate when they put that intercooled M90 on the SOHC 2V. It's fuel system was also well designed ... for stock power levels.

Should I had bought a Roush?:shrug:

Depends on if you like the looks of the ROUSH ..... if buying a 'different' mustang for 60-80 more rwhp is that serious, maybe. :shrug:

Being a fan of both but owning a ROUSH I know what drove my decisions.