02 sensors help

pipeguy

Apr 11, 2008
Hey guys, I have a 2000 gt 4.6 v8, have engine light on, it says on my scanner it is the one closest to engine on drivers side, the same one failed 2 years ago and I got a shop to put it in to get my emissions to pass, I did some digging under the car and discoverd that the connector is broken and some wires are broken, the problem is it is not on the sensor side it is on the car side, the sensor is probably ok, my question is to replace this connector is nearly impossible no room, where do those wires connect up at the top somewhere and i will replace the whole thing, if i dissconect at the sensor i still havent been able to see where they go. any help will be appriciated thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes, the trans harness unplugs from up top on the passenger side. Its at the back of the engine bay behind the strut tower. Unplug it there, undo the damn xmas tree clips the hold it to the body holes, undo all of the trans sensors and start fishing it out. It will come out on the passenger side. Just pay attention to how it routes so u can re install later. Take it out, get a new pig tail from ford or a junk yard and solder it in. I just did this to both rear ones.

CHIT..........After typing that all out I just realized you said the front one. That one is part of the main harness. You can undo it from the block clip/mount and pull it to the front of the engine bay to get more room but its a bigger pita to undo the whole harness to re solder a new one on. Good luck. I'll leave the other info for reference for others.