02 WRX vs SRT4????

Bobbys97R

Sep 6, 2004
Lakewood
OK my friend has a regular WRX (stock) except for the BOV which is a performance mod to him but anyway he seem to think that he can blow a SRT4 off the road does anyone know what a stock SRT4 can run 1/4 mi and what a stock 02 WRX runs but dont forget the BOV Im sure that pushes that time down at least 1 sec LOL :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

If the SRT4 gets traction, it's going to handily beat a stock WRX. The Neon has a fairly significant power advantage at the wheels. It seems like they run 0.5 to 1.0 seconds quicker at the track, stock vs. stock.

I'd still rather have the WRX though...

The BOV will actually hurt his performance (if I'm not mistaken) if he's got a pull-through MAS.. But anyway, stock for stock, I got my money on the SRT-4.. With traction, putting power to 2 wheels instead of 4, more will get to the ground.. I don't really know either of the cars specs either..

First let me tell you I know what I am talking about.
I owned a 02 Stage 4.5 WRX. (403 awhp)
I owned a 04 WRX STi.
I now own a 05 WRX STi.

At the end of the 1/4, there is no way in hell a bone stock WRX will outrun a bone stock SRT-4. Assuming the drivers are both about the same skill level. The WRX will have the starting line advantage, but not as much as some may think. You just can't launch a WRX due to its glass tranny. Now the STi is a different story.

To solve your BOV question. It makes no improvement in power. If anything it can cause a lean condition between shifts if it is atmospheric, which is detrimental (however small the detriment may be).

the_david said:
Ditto... STi...
Speaking of the STi my bro back in Texas saw one at the track and I watched one up here and neither could break a 14 are they all hype my friend seem to think they could just walk all over pretty much any domestic (cobra any year, LS1s) OH do I even need to say this guys a ricer guy all show no go kinda guy

909 said:
First let me tell you I know what I am talking about.
I owned a 02 Stage 4.5 WRX. (403 awhp)
I owned a 04 WRX STi.
I now own a 05 WRX STi.

At the end of the 1/4, there is no way in hell a bone stock WRX will outrun a bone stock SRT-4. Assuming the drivers are both about the same skill level. The WRX will have the starting line advantage, but not as much as some may think. You just can't launch a WRX due to its glass tranny. Now the STi is a different story.

To solve your BOV question. It makes no improvement in power. If anything it can cause a lean condition between shifts if it is atmospheric, which is detrimental (however small the detriment may be).

You seem to know alot about these cars I should get you to talk to the little guy guide him in the winning direction

I live in the Washington area and run with alot of SRT's if your friend wants to come out and play. We are also having a large meet this weekend. If weather holds we will be at Pacific Raceways Saturday, then sunday morning about 8am we will meet in Olympia and drive down to Portland meet up with more SRT's Evo and others then go for a spirited drive. All are welcome.

Sorry, I must have been asleep. The lack of air causes a rich condition. The stock ECU wants to see a burst of air so it dumps a little extra fuel in there. The lack of air causes a rich condition. This is why you get sweet afterfires (not backfires) out the exhaust when you are between shifts and catless.

Rootus said:
I would expect it to cause a rich condition, not a lean one.