03-04 Cobra Clutch in GT

97predator

Aug 18, 2003
va beach
I've seen the 03 Terminator clutch available online as an upgrade for the GT. I have a 2002 GT and was goint to get one for my car. I only have longtubes, mid, catback, and gears. What does everyone think og this as an upgrade/replacement and should I get a factory iron flywheel or steel?

• Sponsors (?)

i have a 99 with FR alum. flywheel and 03-04 Cobra clutch and I love it. I think it is the best clutch I have driven yet. Holds well, no chatter to speak of and way more than I need as I am staying N/A on mine, just mt 2 cents worth.

That's good to hear. How does the auminum flywheel feel driving around town? I drive everyday and from researching online I was looking to resurface the factory f/w or replace it with the FRPP nodular iron flywheel.

Anyone have thoughts on a flywheel for a car with my mods and drives everyday to work?

It's a direct fit. 99-mid 01 GT's need an upgraded 11" flywheel too, but you'll be fine.

That's a great clutch. My 04 Cobra makes 600RWHP (almost) and it's on a stock clutch. It holds just fine.

That is awesome to hear. I like staying with Ford when I can for the driveline.

What does everyone think of the Max. Motorsports clutch quadrant/adjuster w/ the factory cable?

I say screw all the aftermarket clutch accessories. Stay with all the stock parts. A guy in another thread on here said his UPR triple hook quadrrandt is awesome on the 2nd hook and his firewall adjuster is sweet, but I don't see a need for these parts. The FMS clutch kits shift great and the pedals are easy.

So should I just get a factory replacement cable from the dealership and call it a day?

I am thinking this is my list of parts to order:

2003 Cobra Clutch
FMS Nodular Iron 21 lbs. flywheel
Factory clutch cable
TOB
Pilot Bearing

Optional: MM F/W adjuster and quaddrant

While I'm in should I replace the Clutch Fork and Pivot Ball?

I too have the UPR triple hook quad and cable and they work great and are a ton cheaper than OEM. I belive in staying with OEM as much as possible but not at the expense of my savings. besides I had my cable break a year after I got it at the Fun Ford Weekend in VA and UPR replaced it no questions asked. Thought that was great. By the way I agree that it works best on the 2nd hook and to use the firewall adjuster to dial it in. this works great with my 03/04 Cobra clutch.