'03-'04 Cobra Comparison

Snake03

Jan 11, 2003
South Alabama
I'm not sure if anyone else has owned both an '03 and an '04 and thought you might be interested in a comparison. I got my '03 DSG coupe in September 2002. Sold it late last month with ~35K miles on it, and got the '04 Redfire.

'03 had the tick. '04 OK :banana:

Clutch takes less force to engage/disengage. My wife has really noticed this. :p

No rear suspension "thunk" when making a slow speed sharp turn onto a different level surface (driveway, etc.) :nice:

Driveline "clunk" either gone or just barely noticable. Part of this may be that I developed a feel to shift without the clunk, but when lifting throttle or getting back in the throttle in 3rd or 4th I just don't hear it like I did with the '03 :D

Overall ride seems smoother, but that's pretty subjective. :shrug:

My '03 had a small storage "net" on the headliner right at the windshield. '04 doesn't. :confused:

Old tag: XSNAKEX New tag: BLOWN04. I wanted just BLOWN but it was taken. My wife thought that I had snowball's chance the state would give me either, but no problem. She has a one track mind. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

Rogue Cobra said:
Ford must have done something to the computer mapping also. I noticed my 03 has 22 mpg highway and the 04 has 24 mpg highway. The 04 gets away with not having a gass guzzler tax because of this.

Rogue Cobra

You're right about the Gas Guzzler tax. Don't have enough miles on it yet for a realistic MPG check. The best I did with the '03 was 20.5 over two full tanks, and that was all interstate. Around town it had to be 15 or so.

I don't pay any attention to the shift light. :D