'03-04 Cobra owners ... like your seats ??

The 2004 FRPP catalog is now making these seats (F&R sets) available for us lowly V6 and GT owners who can't afford the whole car !! The price being much better than what you would pay for Saleen's current Leather seats (the only other new F&R set being marketed).

My 2004 V6 has the worst seats I have ever had in a car ... the seats in my 1998 (also a V6) that I just sold were very decent ... like "Sport Seats" in comparison.

Just wondering how good / comfortable these O.E. Cobra Seats really are. Are they wearing well ?? I know earlier ('94-98) GT / Cobra leather seats were known for pre-mature wear.

Since I'd really prefer cloth, my standing choice has been a pair of Coubeau GTSII's, provided I can get some extra upolstery to have my existing back seat done to match.

Thanks !!

Doug

• Sponsors (?)

I'm only 5'11" 155 lbs. so that will not be an issue for me !! SN-95 Mustangs in general are not built for bigger people. My dad is a bit taller than I and around 200-220 lbs. and just barely fits in these cars, yet in his SVT Contour he has plenty of room.

My main concern with these Cobra seats is how durable the Leather is. Will it still be in good shape after 100k+ miles of me driving it ??

The heavy burlap cloth upolstery (looks to be the same material as '94-98 GT) in my '98 V6 showed absolutely ZERO wear after 131k miles. The only indicator of the miles is the outside edge of the driver's bottom cushion foam no longer springs back to it's original shape ... otherwise these seats still look BRAND NEW !! The Corbeau GTSII's look to have very similar upolstery which is one of the reasons why I am leaning toward them.

Doug

I like the fact that you have plenty of adjustments in the driver's seat, but I still don't think they are the most comfortable seats in the world. As for wear, who can say they have only been around for a couple of years so I don't think anyone has got to that point yet. I know mine still look brand new. If I didn't already have them, I don't think I would shell out the kind of money I have seen them going for.

I like them, although they r not the most comfortable seats in the world. They do however clean very easily. I usually dont allow food or drinks in my car....but a girlfriend of mine insisted on bringing a drink inside....and of course she spilled all over the suede. It wiped right off, and left no stain. Leads me to believe it is stain resistant. Lets face it though....the whole suede/leather thing is sweet, and chiks dig it. :nice:

The seats are nice and firm and the power lumbar and side blosters are nice but on a long drive you want you wallet out of the pocket! they start to get to me (5'8" 185lbs) the drivers seat seems like the bottom seat sides (at the thighs) should deflate more, the passenger seat seems just right since it does not have any power lumbar.

But you do get the wrapped up sport seat feeling, if you want that all the time

5'10 200lbs here... and I love them... just let all the air out of them you can for normal daily driving... and pump them up where you need tighter fit for some performance driving :) 25k miles and no wear....

I think that they are excellent seats. I drive back and forth to South Jersey four or five times a year and they are very comfortable. On my trip to Nashville for the 'Stang anniversary and then to Jacksonville and back, they were perfect. I'm 6'2" and weigh a buck seventy-five.

The Alcantara inserts are the best and you will have a hard time damaging them. They clean up with soapy water. You have instructions on how to clean them. They can also be found on their web site. Many of the big manufacturers use this in their high end cars.

As for wear, I think that they have been around long enough. I believe that the '01 seats had the same inserts, although the design was a bit different. They should last as long as the car, I would think.

:flag: :nice:

Well, bought the FRPP Cobra Seat Set and have had in for 2 weeks. Bought from Diversified Products Marketing in Plymouth, MI. on a Monday and they arrived at work (Skokie, Illinois) the following day via CCX. I've ordered tons of stuff from them and UPS allways takes 2 days, so I was a little suprised to see them so quick !!

After 2 weeks and about 700 miles of driving, I must say overall they are very comfortable. However, even with the thigh bolsters expanded as far as they will go, I feel pressure on my hip bones, which actually got pretty uncomfortable on my first 2.5 hour drive. I'm about 5'10" 145 lbs. / 33" waist ... I guess I need to fatten-up my bony ass !! It has been over 10 years since my daily driver had similar seats (also Leather but from an '85 SVO), but don't remember feeling this pressure on my hips. The former owner was much bigger than I, so I suppose he broke them in for me !!

Doug

The cobra seats are badass I love them. No offense but it seems to me most of the people who don't like the seats are 'big boned', so it depends how big you are.

I like the ones with the suede in the middle because, because it wont crack and get lines in it overtime like leather.

I can't believe anyone could complain about these seats. I had a 2000 GT.
Those seats may have been the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat
in. You practically sat ON those seats rather than in them. :nonono: The
cobra seats are comfortable, and adjustable, what more could you ask for.
Spend $800 on new seats, and you a fool stupid!!!!!!!! I'm not sure what I'm
saying anyway. :shrug:

Its amazing that there is such a difference of opinions about the 03+ seats. Now, I don't have a 03/04, but my 01 has similiar seats and I love mine and I'm 6' and 200+ lbs. and I've loved them from the moment I dropped myself down in the driver seat on my test drive and they are good for a 200 mile day trip. I've sampled the seats of quite a few cars, including sports cars, and I think the seats in mine rank up there pretty high in comfort level.
My only complain had been the dye rubbing off the edge of the original driver seat where you slide in and out, but that was a fixable warranty issue.

I'm a little wide on the low end so the seat seemed a little narrow for my butt when I first got the car. Now at 11K they have broke in and fit perfect. One of the guys I know here in Alabama just sold his '03 Cobra seats on Ebay. He got $1455 for them and used that money to buy some aftermarket seats. He didn't like sitting up so high in the car with the stockers.

U.M.