Roush 03-04 Cobra Saleen v. Saleen Extreme

i don't have enough brains to say no or enough money to say yes.

Hey Conway, where did you pick up your 04? If I remember correctly, that car was the subject of a very frequently visited post a while back. Absolutely incredible car.

• Sponsors (?)

I picked up the car from a dealer in New York. I saw the car on ebay messing around at work and knew that I had to have it. The owner originally bought the car at this dealer and returned so the dealer knew the guy who had it. I bought the car within an hour of seeing it, I didn't want the chance of anyone else ******ing it up. By the time that it was scheduled for pickup for transport and all that good jazz it was 3 weeks before I had the car, felt like a kid at XMAS. Now I can't wait until the spring/summer to take it to some shows, but being in WV every show is so far away from me. I wouln't be bringing it unless I can get a trailer for it. I hope I can make it out to some and see all of you guys there.

Brandon

That's unless someone has enough dough and not enough brains to send a new GT500 to Saleen and only if Saleen will build an SGT500 ???? Would that be the correct name for a GT500 Saleen? It may be over 4,000 lbs and heavier than my Mercedes 4 door but what a car that would be.

It isn't a real "SGT500" as you put it, but a dealer took a Shelby GT500 and Saleen-ized it (it was Prestige Ford of Garland, Texas). I downloaded these pics from the eBay auction that was up a few months ago...

04ey5.jpg

08ui0.jpg

Well, unfortunately Image Shack doesn't want to cooperate, so these were the only two pictures I could upload.

Sorry... :shrug:

Dealer sticker listed it at $85,885! :eek:

Rob!

I remember that car. Nice catch!
That's a tough call becasue it's not a Saleen serialized car. I think the dealer actaully probably screwed up the GT500 collectability status by adding the Saleen items. Also, I think the wheels look kind of strange. ??

Yeah, it would be interesting to see what the car looks like without the stripes as those are typically so non-Saleen. Might be nice to see the car in all black.

Sticker is upsurd, considering the fact the car is not really a Saleen, and now no longer a stock Cobra. Agree with Marcus, don't understand the wheels at all.

Regardless, pretty bad ass lookin, I certainly wouldn't mind havin one.

It isn't a real "SGT500" as you put it, but a dealer took a Shelby GT500 and Saleen-ized it (it was Prestige Ford of Garland, Texas). I downloaded these pics from the eBay auction that was up a few months ago...

04ey5.jpg

08ui0.jpg

Well, unfortunately Image Shack doesn't want to cooperate, so these were the only two pictures I could upload.

Sorry... :shrug:

Dealer sticker listed it at $85,885! :eek:

ya I remember that. You should stick those pictures in the "I think these look better thread" That rear end looks so much nicer without a wing since it has the little ducktail built in. Those tailpipes need to go though.

Correct, the 03/04 Cobra Saleens retained the IRS. It does not have the dual center gauge pod as the Cobra has a built-in boost gauge on the instrument cluster. It also retains the Cobra seats as they are leather with the suede inserts. Also, they did not change the hood (retains the Cobra heat extractor hood). Saleen didn't remove the fender snake badges, either. They made 11 in 2003 (6 coupes and 5 convertibles), but I don't know how many were made in 2004.

PAS had a black one for sale within the last couple months. Definitely the best of both worlds.

Another local Saleen owner in my neck of the woods took his 2002 S281-SC coupe and transplanted a 2003 Cobra motor with a Kenne Bell supercharger...

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

hey can i ask who car this really is ??? b/c there is this D-bag on a local nebraska forum saying its his ride