03-04 Cobra Seats

• Sponsors (?)

Those seats look no different than the factory buckets in 96-98 GTs.

Oh man, this thread is wild, read the book "Iron Fist Lead Foot", then you will really know why those kind of seats are put in there. Here's an small part of the chapter.

Tate looked to the late 1960's DeTomaso Mangusta supercar for his seating inspiration. While it's common knowledge that the Mangusta was powered by a Shelby-tuned Ford 289 V-8 engine, there was another Ford connection: designer Giorgetto Guigiaro and Alejandro DeTomaso had borrowed the seat design of the 1960's Mustang for the Mangusta.

"They basically 'insporterized' a stock Mustang seat, " Tate laughs, "by putting more agreesive bolstering on it and things like that, and fit into the Mangusta platform. And we saw the seat, and said, 'Hey look-it uses the existing structure, it's got basically what we're looking for-we can tweak that and get a good bang for the buck out of it.' And that's what we ended up using."

- Iron Fist, Lead Foot

I paid 1100 for mine about a year ago,front and rear shipped from indiana to nj out of an 03 with 10k miles and no seat time on the pass or rear seats.also came with driver seat track.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some 03 Cobra seats??? I love the way they feel and the headrests are sooooo much better. My interior is tan so the seats need to have the tan inserts.

You can find all the seats,machs,cobras,gts on ebay or just continue to browse the forums.the thing is the cobras are real popular so as soon as they list ppl jump to them.finding the ones with the tan inserts is going to be a huge task,i've only came across 2 sets for sale before.i little less desirable but rare.

How do you get a 03/04 Cobra seat to sit lower like the 94-98 seats do. I want a set from an 03 for my 96 but dont want to sit on a pedestal. Is the extra height in the track?