03/04 Convertible Top Cleaning?

• Sponsors (?)

I really don't mess with the top on mine. Take it to the car wash, either rinse it with straight water or soap it up and rinse.

These new soft cloth tops don't require too much work. If you put it down after you wash it, make sure that you put it up when you park it for the night so it will air out. There are plenty of places where water will accumulate. Mildew is a big problem with the older canvas tops. I am not sure about the soft cloth, but it probably is, albeit to a lesser extent.

If you do use anything, Turtle Wax makes some excellent products. I would use them now and then on my '99 Cobra's top and I liked the results. My friend uses Turtle Wax stuff on her '98 'vert and it looks pretty good.

:flag: :nice:

Do a search on a product called raggtopp. They have both a cleaner & protectant. Worked great on my '01 & I imagine it would work great on a 03/04 top.

It is also recommended by the maker of the 'vert tops.

Just a lil soap & water. These cloth tops r totally different from the old GT tops and require little maintanance so I would recommend that u not use anything cleaners or protectants as they may damage/dull the material. And tell your pops not to be stingy with the ride and let u take it out for a spin every now and then :banana: