03-04 different????

FallenPhoenix said:
The '04s have the exact same gears as the '03, there were never 3.55s in any '04 GT.

Look at the options, his car just may weigh more. My '04 put down the numbers in my sig bone stock at 1200miles. Those are at the upper end of what we see stock, so I doubt there is a power deficiency in the '04s
I think your wrong I believe the Autos recieved 355 gears new for 04 like the machs

• Sponsors (?)

Mine aswell has a ruff idle,and a noticable misse!!! :nonono:
As for the '03,and '04's being different.I don't think so :shrug: .Some cars work better then others.
My '03 GT dyno'd at 230 hp,and 280 lbs of torque with only (virgin :) ) 1500 kilometers (Canadian :D ).And that is very comparible to others in stock form from what i've been reading,and she ran consistantly 14.1 at 101 mph with only a h pipe,and flowmaster mufflers,the rest of her was bone stock,in the hp performance end of it.
Go to the track,and pull a few runs together to see if there is any difference in times,and mph!! :D

White Stang said:
I think your wrong I believe the Autos recieved 355 gears new for 04 like the machs

it's been long debated and I still have yet to see anything stating the '04 GTs had 3.55 gears period, find some documentation of someone that can prove it by turning the driveshaft and I'll believe it.

FallenPhoenix said:
it's been long debated and I still have yet to see anything stating the '04 GTs had 3.55 gears period, find some documentation of someone that can prove it by turning the driveshaft and I'll believe it.
Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford did a article in there march 04 magezine where they tested the 04 GT auto Mach 1 and cobra and on page 62 they put the car's specs down and the gears were 355. :)

White Stang said:
Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford did a article in there march 04 magezine where they tested the 04 GT auto Mach 1 and cobra and on page 62 they put the car's specs down and the gears were 355. :)
BUZZZ!!!one

machs and cobras had 3.55s you are suppose to prove GTs haave them:nonono:

White Stang said:
ALL THREE CARS HAD 355's EVEN THE AUTO GT :D
oh yeah i forgot, because the magazine printed it, the gear ratios magically changed for the "real" cars in existence. 3.55s were not in production gt's please refrain from posting bs like this and in the future, since you are on this track, here is a little quick info:
long tubes do not cause a loss of tourqe
cai's are worthless
4.10s are not too much gear for a blower car
and so on....the perpetuation of people's hearsay bull**** in tech here is sickening

FallenPhoenix said:

It's right in the spec brochure that came with my Mustang. 5 sp. has 3.27, autos have 3.55's.

Go watch a bunch of LS1's dyno. They are pathetic different cars of the same year can vary by up to 20HP. Everone thinks the 2001-2002 are beter but they usually show the most difference between each other.

All cars are like this though. As for Mustangs I think some just got junk programming from the factory.

Jackie Chan said:
oh yeah i forgot, because the magazine printed it, the gear ratios magically changed for the "real" cars in existence. 3.55s were not in production gt's please refrain from posting bs like this and in the future, since you are on this track, here is a little quick info:
long tubes do not cause a loss of tourqe
cai's are worthless
4.10s are not too much gear for a blower car
and so on....the perpetuation of people's hearsay bull**** in tech here is sickening
HAHAHAHA :lol: :rlaugh: :stupid: :fuss: :chair: :uzi: :flame:
Get er done

The creator of the thread didn't even specify if the cars were auto or manual. And even if we assume by his "it couldn't be the driver" statement that they were stick... the automatic gear ratios wouldn't matter.

Chillax fellas... :nice: