03-04 Mach 1, or 07 GT/CS, or...

boatillo

Jun 10, 2006
1) I like the Mach 1's a lot (Azure Blue), appreciate their heritage, and can find some pretty babied 03-04's around for a very decent price. Their engine and comestic touches are unique enough to make me salivate!

2) I REALLY like the new 05-06 styling and could probably pick up a Legend Lime or Vista Blue 5spd GT for a great price now that the '07s are coming into dealer lots. Do a couple mods (shaker intake!) and make it my own.

3) Plunk down my measely wallet and eek through the monthly payments after ordering an '07 GT/CS with every option I want! Owning a '67 Mustang I understand the GT/CS heritage better than other new buyers may (I really really thought about turning mine into a GT/CS when restoring) and it would really seperate from the other GT's in town (not to mention the 2 vista blue cop GT's). Of course I would cut a hole in the hood for a shaker intake!

What do you guys think! Money is a big issue, but I'm sick of driving my beater '94 toyota pickup everyday :(

• Sponsors (?)

Interior: 07
Handling: 07
Looks: Both of them look amazing if u do the right things, i guess it's up to you
Power: About the same, would be a drivers race

I picked my 06 solely due to the interior and my taste for the body style. Either way, you're getting a good car.

V8JamesGT said:
Have you test drove both yet? If not, I would do that and see which one you like more. Their both great mustangs!

Heh...I don't have the luxury of living somewhere that has a Mach 1 or GT for sale :D Well there's 1 auto GT on the lot, but I don't know of a Mach 1 in the state that I could test drive.

So if I walked in and ordered my GT/CS tomorrow, what kinda price should I haggle? The invoice is $27,271 for the options I want + destination = that's all I should really be paying right? They don't have to advertise, clean the car, anything! Just gimme!

I say if you can afford it just get a new Mustang, I'd opt for a regular GT as I'm not a huge fan of the looks of the GT/CS and just mod it to my own liking.

Machs are awesome, shoot check my sig out, but I'm always a little leary of buying a used performance car, but to be fair my Mach has helded up nice since I bought it new in late '03.