03 5 speed gt vs. friends 03 Harley Vrod

• Sponsors (?)

grendal said:
If what I've seen about the Vrod is even remotely correct, he should wipe the floor with you in acceleration..... Sorry to say. You'd have a better chance in a modified Cobra, maybe.

-Michael

Yeah, i agree. Even soem of the slowest bikes will just roast even semi-modded cars.

A Vrod is faaar from a slouch. I don't think it's gonna go well, hehe. But, you could allways run his ass over, and win. ;)

your proably screwed without a power adder. I am pretty sure the v-rod stock is cabable of low 12sec. I think they are 110hp or so. The vrod is not a fast bike per say but against a car you better hope the guy is a complete puss with his bike. I was amazed after all the hype how slow the v-rod was but 12 sec is still 12sec.

YEAH he's gonna smoke you, unless it's his first bike and he's afraid of it still...
I beat a guy on a ducati 748 from a dead stop to almost 80 mph!!! He just could'nt ride good at all! < <in my car .... I have an 02 gsxr1000 wich is supossed to be a 9.8 second bike stock yet the best i could do was 10.50's so it's all in the rider i guess... just do'nt bet too much on this one!

The V-Rod scoots pretty good by cruiser standards, just looking at the Motorcyclist test on it :1/4 mile in [email protected] but whimpy compared to even a 600 sportbike. The V-Rod will be sucking for air after 100mph, top speed is 130 but it will take a while to get there[poor wind resistance, kinda like a brick] With no wind protection they arn't much fun to ride after 80mph,the wind gets rather unpleasent.
I took one for a spin last spring at the Harley rides.Unfortunately, in the 1/4 you will get stomped but if you race long enough you will reel him in.
Good Luck!

CanadaStang said:
The V-Rod scoots pretty good by cruiser standards, just looking at the Motorcyclist test on it :1/4 mile in [email protected] but whimpy compared to even a 600 sportbike. The V-Rod will be sucking for air after 100mph, top speed is 130 but it will take a while to get there[poor wind resistance, kinda like a brick] With no wind protection they arn't much fun to ride after 80mph,the wind gets rather unpleasent.
I took one for a spin last spring at the Harley rides.Unfortunately, in the 1/4 you will get stomped but if you race long enough you will reel him in.
Good Luck!

take him from a 100mph roll :banana:

I ran a civic the other day on my 75 superglide. We both took off from the light and once we got through it I hear him hit it. So I down shifted and nailed it too. He got a big jump on me because I wasn't expecting it, but then I started to walk him. I finally eased up on it @ about 70 and let him go. I'd say that he'd smoke you pretty good.

My boss's wife has a sportster and it smoked me off of the line till about 60 then I started to catch up but I am a very good driver and she was still kind of new so if he is a good driver he will win if he is a poor driver he will still prob win at least on the bottom end just race him as far as you can to take the best advantage